Talk

Advanced search

Positive result on expired test!

(19 Posts)
JessicaT29 Mon 06-Nov-17 09:19:12

For the last week I have just felt different in myself so today without missing a period yet, I took a clear blue which gave me a heart attack (a good one) when it came back Positive!! Then when I was binning the box I noticed it had expired so was worried about a false reading so went and got one of the little ones I had from the hospital and squeezed what last bit of wee I had left in me out which came back negative. Now I don’t know which to believe as I haven’t even missed a period yet... help!

Stee1 Mon 06-Nov-17 09:24:31

How out of date is it?

JessicaT29 Mon 06-Nov-17 09:44:10

A year! I’ve only being trying a month but got these off my sister she had left over from trying, I didn’t realise they had expired.

ibentmywookie Mon 06-Nov-17 10:11:54

I have always assumed that out of date tests are more likely to give a false negative than a false positive. For a positive to show, there has to be hcg present. I'd test again if I were you.

Cupcakesandlove Mon 06-Nov-17 12:02:55

If it’s early on, then the hospital one more than likely came back negitive because you’ve squeezed your wee out so it’s prob not as concerntrated as it needs to be.
Give it a few hours and try not to drink a lot to dilute it, or leave it till tomorrow morning if you can.
Lucky you if you are on the first month!!! Send me some of that dust!!! All the best for you and your partner x

JessicaT29 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:55:06

Ahhh just done another and it was negative! Silly me I should have just waited till I was late!! Now I am going to have itchy feet every day till my period is due! Wishing some baby dust your way 😘

SoozC Mon 06-Nov-17 16:35:50

Not wanting to get your hopes up but I got a bfp on a CB digital that was out of date. I quickly bought a new one to check and it came back +ve even in the afternoon. But I was a couple of days late for af. Good luck.

JessicaT29 Mon 06-Nov-17 16:54:08

Perfect... fingers crossed 🤞🏼 it’s just a waiting game now I guess 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

IndianaMoleWoman Mon 06-Nov-17 17:51:37

Those tests (the digitals) normally have either the word “not” above where it says “pregnant” or some numbers underneath to indicate how many weeks have passed since conception. I have had faulty digitals and they usually show a picture of a book which refers you back to the instruction leaflet, so I don’t know what’s going on! Sorry you don’t have an answer, good luck flowers

JessicaT29 Mon 06-Nov-17 18:55:43

Hi it was just a clear blue digital which says pregnant or not pregnant not one of the ones with a weeks indicator on 👎🏼

Wiggles9408 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:01:41

Buy loads of cheap ones! But deffo test in the mornings when the big os highest and maybe wait until you’re at least a day late for your period smile good luck!!

Wiggles9408 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:01:55

* hcg

Lorddenning1 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:42:14

How did you get in?

Lorddenning1 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:42:26

On, not in

JessicaT29 Wed 08-Nov-17 06:18:11

I did another yesterday morning which came back negative. I’m so silly I shouldn’t have done it so early but lesson learnt, I will never do another until my period is late... and check the date haha! Still feeling symptomatic though so not giving up hope!

Cupcakesandlove Wed 08-Nov-17 22:02:45

It is worth holding out and seeing if af is late then re testing all the bestx

Cupcakesandlove Wed 08-Nov-17 22:03:29

I tell you to hold out as I’m chomping at the bit to test

JessicaT29 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:20:44

I’ve made a promise to myself I won’t do another till af is late, as I made a little wish on the positive one this morning! Sending you good luck wishes x

Debby08 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:33:37

Just test a new one and see if you get the same results. If it's long been expired there's no assurance that it's still accurate. I wish you the best of luck! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now