Talk

Advanced search

Conception vitamins

(7 Posts)
cavatron Sun 05-Nov-17 21:54:50

Basically - what's the point in them? Have people found them helpful with TTC?!

I'm looking in to buying some multivitamin tablets specifically for trying to conceive. Does anyone have any opinions, good or bad, on any brands or the vitamins as a whole?! I don't know where to start. There's loads out there and I don't want to pay over the odds if there's just a few vital things I need to be taking (i.e. Folic acid) which work out cheaper if bought seperately. Any and all thoughts appreciated.

MaisyPops Sun 05-Nov-17 21:57:49

I tried seven seas trying for a baby ones for ages. They are the same size as the pill and i could take thrm without water.

After about a year ttc i swapped to pregnacare. They are massive and once I've used uo my stash I'm going back to seven seas.

No idea if any one brand is better. All looked thr same or similar to me. I just want something easy to swallow.

cavatron Sun 05-Nov-17 22:01:53

Thanks Maisypops. Did you take them as a "prep your body" type thing, or to actually help you conceive? I'm a little confused as to their purpose.

Sorry for sounding so stupid. I didn't go through any of this with my (surprise) DS!

JoJoSM2 Sun 05-Nov-17 22:09:29

They don’t make help you conceive. They help your body build up nutrients for a healthy pregnancy. So a multivitamin aimed at women ttc + omega 3 + healthy diet and lifestyle help you create the optimum course conditions for a developing baby.

cavatron Sun 05-Nov-17 22:10:31

Thanks Jojo. The Amazon reviews I'm reading imply they're a wonder drug and helping lots of people to conceive; of course I know this is BS but I just wondered. Thanks!!

MouseLove Sun 05-Nov-17 22:18:05

NHS recommends folic acid as it’s very important for the development of a healthy baby and it can significantly reduce the risk of neural tube defects such as spina bifida.

You take this for 3 months prior to TTC and throughout your first trimester.

The nhs also recommends vitamin D.

Everything else should be covered by a healthy balanced diet.

I take vitamin C also as part of my failing fix for my luteal phase defect. 😕

MaisyPops Sun 05-Nov-17 22:34:44

Just to prep. It doesn't help conception.

I've been using fertility friendly lube too once we started TTC but now worrying that it might be a hindrance. I don't even kniw now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now