Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long did it take you to get a positive or your period?

(22 Posts)
SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 07:24:01

Hi.
I am 6 days late have taken loads of pregnancy tests all negative and am normally regular. We are TTC. Has anyone else had this and been pregnant or ended up having their period? Its all very weird. Thanks

Somethininthewater Sun 05-Nov-17 07:30:55

Following this! In the same boat as you and I’m thoroughly p*ssed off! 21 dpo, feel like crap too...

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 07:49:24

Its odd isn't it. I will be so dissapointed if AF comes along. I have never been this late.

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 08:27:19

Anyone??

NimbleKnitter Sun 05-Nov-17 08:59:28

Try this website
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/results-by-day-past-ovulation.php

It tells you how likely you are to get a true positive based on your dpo.

The bad news is - if you’re late, chances are you aren’t pregnant. Tests are super sensitive these days and can pick up the smallest amount of pregnancy hormone. Sorry

Maybe you ovulated later than you thought?

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 09:12:55

Thanks for your reply. I have just never been this late. Its driving me mad. Then if and when I get my period its going to make it frustrating each month as im not going to no how long my cycle is.

bama4 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:44:16

Hi ladies I'm the same. 5 days late now tested 2 days late and negative. Too scared to test again and be disappointed 😔 think I will test again at 7 days late. Fingers crossed for us all

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:07:24

I am just dont no. Can you just not ovulate? Is it possible to be pregnant and 6 days late? Its just odd x

NimbleKnitter Sun 05-Nov-17 15:20:02

@SnowWhite26 yes, it’s common to have the occasional anovulatory cycle, and if you’ve been on hormonal birth control it’s common to not ovulate for months

Cupcakesandlove Sun 05-Nov-17 15:20:55

Are you able to get an appointment with your gp or practise nurse? They should be able to do a blood test or another test there x

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:22:37

I was on the pill but this is my 3rd,or 4th cycle so have had a regular periods since coming off. I have a lo so this is our second child and didn't have any problems before x

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:24:36

I didn't really no how long to wait until docs or just to assume i havent ovulated and pretend o had my period at normal time abd am going to ovulate at normal time then expect my period at same time as if i had had it if u see what i mean as i wana keep trying and no when my ovulation is x

NimbleKnitter Sun 05-Nov-17 15:24:48

You can have periods without ovulating, and coming off birth control it can take up to 2 years for your cycles to return to normal.

6 months is not uncommon.

Try temping. It’ll give you an idea if you’re ovulating or not

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:27:13

Try temping? What do you mean? So if im not pregnant and not ovulating would not stop a period why haven't i had one? Lol x

Cupcakesandlove Sun 05-Nov-17 15:32:30

IVe been trying for ten months based on an app I thought I knew when I ovulated. I had blood tests ect and my gp suggested buying ovulation tests I done them this month and found out I ovulate on day 15 or a 25 day cycle, this is 5 days later than the app predicted. I have no way of knowing if this just happened to be the case for this month. But I would suggest buying some opks for next month just in case. A trip to the nurse won’t do you any harm at least you will know rather than driving yourself mad. I believe you can have a period without ovulating - this again could of happened to me

NimbleKnitter Sun 05-Nov-17 15:34:51

Temping is when you measure your temperature first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up using a digital thermometer to 2 decimal places.

Is measures your base temp. Progesterone causes your base temp to rise slightly, and progesterone is released when you ovulate. Using this method, you can pin point when you ovulated, but only after the fact.

And whilst you can have periods and not ovulate, you can also not have periods and not ovulate.

It sounds like your cycle is still settling down after taking the pill.

Whilst it is possible to be 20+ after ovulation and still get a false negative test, this is very unlikely, particularly with the most sensitive tests.

All you can do is wait

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:44:24

I wasnt planning on seeing the nurse because I thought that i will prob just get a period from 28-29 days from last tuesday when was I was due? I have one test left so will do that in the next couple of days to check and then leave it till the next time im due?

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 15:46:14

I might get an ovulation test when i think i might be ovulating but have been told you can get beru attached to them and it can add stress to the situation if you see what i mean but maybe this month i will to see what is happening

NimbleKnitter Sun 05-Nov-17 15:57:18

Are you watching other fertility sighs, like cervical fluid?

Opks are not 100% accurate - they show when your body is preparing to ovulate, but doesn’t confirm that you are.

They are, however, more accurate at predicting ovulation than temping. So use temping for information, opks for predicting

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 16:04:49

Im doing nothing we are just having regular sex as I didn't want it to become a thing but maybe I need to to check I am. I am having all signs of period atm like cramps back ache tiredness and mood swimgs. Just no period

NimbleKnitter Sun 05-Nov-17 16:20:07

If you’re just having regular sex, then you can stick with that. Regular is every 2 to 3 days.

That’ll do the job too, provided you’re ovulating

SnowWhite26 Sun 05-Nov-17 16:31:09

So if I take a preg test on Tues and am stil neg that will make me a week late shall i just expect my period as if I had had one this month do reakon nimbleknitter? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now