Talk

Advanced search

Painful ovulation

(8 Posts)
MintTeaLady Sat 04-Nov-17 18:43:03

We've just started ttc and I've discovered it's quite painful to have sex when ovulating for me. I can't hide it and DH can tell so things haven't been too successful unfortunately. Should I just take some painkillers to dull down the pain?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

MouseLove Sat 04-Nov-17 19:39:54

What hurts?? Are you sure you don’t have a uti? It shouldn’t hurt to have sex around ovulation. You’re not anywhere near your ovaries, well, kinda not anyways.

OverlyYappy Sat 04-Nov-17 19:43:10

It used to hurt for me too, I took s few painkillers and it dulled the pain

OverlyYappy Sat 04-Nov-17 19:44:13

Sorry *a

I found it was my tubes that ached

Gingernaut Sat 04-Nov-17 19:47:51

Mittelschmerz. The first time this happened to me, it was so painful I couldn't reach across the kitchen counter as the pain caused by pressing against the cupboard doors was dire.

I was diagnosed at the GP as I thought it was appendicitis. blush

MintTeaLady Sat 04-Nov-17 20:10:46

Thanks for the responses and the link. I definitely don't have a uti. It's much more of an achy pain. I've had the ovulation pains every month since coming off the pill, but never tried to have sex at this time until now, so was surprised to find that hurting too.

I think I'll give the painkillers a go!

BlueeSpottyTiger Sat 04-Nov-17 22:25:28

I have that every month, I can still have sex okay but its uncomfortable. It kinda feels like trapped wind! It lasts a few days until ovulation has occured and then it goes instantly. I've hard this ever since having my daughter last year! I just try not to focus on it x

BlueeSpottyTiger Sat 04-Nov-17 22:26:24

Had* not hard 🤦

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now