Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage pack

(7 Posts)
XM02X Fri 03-Nov-17 23:11:47

We recently lost our second Pregnancy and amongst all the emotions, I feel a strong urge to do something that makes it feel less senseless.

I'm doing some research into miscariage packs, with the premise to be able to pass on a pack of essentials to a woman who is going through a miscarriage, whether through the EPU or doctors.

I'm looking for ideas to put into a pack. Nothing too sentimental, i wanted to focus instead on the necessities needed.
So far I'm thinking along the lines of:

*Pads. Heavy duty pads.
*BIG pants. Dark coloured.
*Tissues.
*Dry shampoo.
*A small card with contact numbers for local support.

Ideas are welcome.

Si1ver Fri 03-Nov-17 23:39:14

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've no idea what I'd put in a pack, although it's such a kind idea.

I had a horrible time, both in EPU and at the hands of my GP and anything that made me feel more human would have been so nice.

PrimeraVez Sat 04-Nov-17 04:51:25

What a lovely idea. Definitely contact numbers/website links - I felt very alone after my MC.

mysecret321 Sat 04-Nov-17 05:38:25

Maybe a book of what other women's stories were? Like quotes of what they've been through what nasties other people said and how they dealt with it... because for me it was one thing to deal with mc, the comments that came from others simply became an unnecessary challenge...

tabbycatbythesea Sat 04-Nov-17 05:41:49

I’ve just had my 15th miscarriage, followed by a chemical a few days ago. I wouldn’t include pants/pads, as I think seeing those would have triggered me more at that time (if I wasn’t bleeding). I’m doing something similar for my hospital and am including a teddy (to hold when you have empty arms and an aching heart) and a candle to light. Along with supports/quotes etc xx

FuckMyUterus Sat 04-Nov-17 09:31:54

When I went through my miscarriage I found a very old post on here, by a lady entitled something along the lines of what to expect from a miscarriage
Very very graphic, but also very factually correct, and it helped me loads. I can't remember the name of the lady who posted it, but I'd think that would help people if it came in leaflet form, as nobody, not the EPU, not the gp, not even my mother who has suffered 4 miscarriages told me what to expect.

FuckMyUterus Sat 04-Nov-17 09:32:16

Titled not entitled

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now