Talk

Advanced search

13dpo and BFN but period is late

(18 Posts)
BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 06:48:44

Hello, I'm 13 dpo and just got a BFN although my period was due on Wednesday. I have a short luteal phase obviously, but I conceived my son with a short L.P. so I'm not being unrealistic. Also, my cycles are usually very reliable.

I have sore boobs, lotiony CM and my cervix is high, soft and closed as well as mg vaginal walls being soft and swollen. Despite all this, does a BFN on 13 dpo mean I'm out?? It's starting to get to me :'(

MamOfFrankie Fri 03-Nov-17 07:19:47

Not at all. It just depends how it has been since implantation and how much hormone has been produced so far. I used this site, which I found really interesting, to calculate when I should be testing if I want a bfp!

whenmybaby.com/implantation-doubling-calculator.php

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 07:33:13

Thank you, am trying to use it but it's blowing my mind 🙈

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 08:25:30

@MamOfFrankie Okay, I've figured it out and it says the earliest I can test is tomorrow, but that's assuming I implanted on 9 dpo. So perhaps I still have some hope.

JoJoSM2 Fri 03-Nov-17 10:10:50

Just give it a day or two, or more, and if af doesn’t arrive then test with a FRER.

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 10:58:34

Thanks, @JoJoSM2. Sometimes I wish I lived before the days of hpt and internet, so I could live in blissful ignorance

MamOfFrankie Fri 03-Nov-17 12:46:38

I thought it was quite good, because it shows actually how long it could take for the hormone level to be high enough. I always thought as soon as AF was late you would definitely get a BFP, but since actually TTC it has changed everything I thought I knew! If it only doubles every 72 hours, it can take quite along time after ovulation to get a BFP. When are you planning on testing again?

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 13:25:23

@MamOfFrankie I'm not sure. My heart says to try tomorrow but my head says to wait.

JoJoSM2 Fri 03-Nov-17 14:03:28

Are you on any meds/supplements or is your luteal phase this long by itself?

If you’re sure of your ovulation day and use a FRER tomorrow morning, I think it’ll be quite definitive.

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 14:46:21

Not on any meds or supplements. Had a weird afternoon. I suddenly felt SO tired, like exhaustion, but it hit me like a tonne of bricks about two hours ago. Was laying in bed trying to have a nap with my 3 year old but he refused to sleep, got up and did a wee on the floor. I just burst into big sobs and was nearly sick while mopping up. Really strange and that's the first time I've really felt like this for the whole of my luteal phase this month.

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 15:04:25

Gah, been to the shops near me and the only thing I could find was a Clearblue because they've sold out of FRER. I bought it anyway but don't know how helpful it'll be.

NimbleKnitter Fri 03-Nov-17 15:40:35

Amazon. They’ll get you a frer tomorrow

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 15:45:45

Good call @NimbleKnitter, have just ordered some.

So, I caved in and used a CB just now. Am starting to think I'm out this month, I dunno. Argh!!!

NimbleKnitter Fri 03-Nov-17 15:51:24

Yeah, but not FMU and not a super sensitive test.

Tomorrow morning - pee in a pot and keep it until your frer gets there (nice huh?!)

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 15:53:41

Good idea. And nice too, haha.

This is so stupid. My period is three days late, I've had no AF signs at all, my temps are still high, my vaginal walls are soft, my cervix is high and closed, today I'm emotional, bloated and nauseous, I have an increased appetite. But BFN.

NimbleKnitter Fri 03-Nov-17 16:01:21

Yeah, it all sounds promising, but as we all know - the only ‘symptom’ that counts is a pregnancy test.

And hey - pregnant or not - nothing you can do about it now! Try to chill - you’ll know soon enough x

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 16:03:44

I have been surprisingly chilled until today. Think I'm just bored of being in limbo now. At this rate I'm just hoping my temps will be high for more than 16 days and then I can safely assume I'm pregnant 😂

BandhaAid Sat 04-Nov-17 08:19:39

Right, I've got a pot of FMU ready and waiting for my FRER to arrive. I honestly don't know what to do if it's negative. I mean, if I get a BFN at 14 dpo on a FRER, that means there isn't much hope, right? Period is now 4 days late with no sign of arrival but all the pregnancy signs still there. Temps are still up and apparently high temps of 16 days or more usually signifies pregnancy?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: