Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Complementary therapies

(4 Posts)
PabloEscobarlo Thu 02-Nov-17 15:45:53

Can I ask if anyone has used or is using complementary therapy?
I’m thinking of reflexology.
I’ve got so much going on at the moment, I’m in a stressful job, planning my wedding and grieving for my mum whilst being my fathers sole career. On top of this we’ve been try.
I’m aware that I’m stressed, and quite low. The demands of opk and ttc aren’t helping especially when I don’t really know what I’m looking for or doing and nether are my constant google searches.

I’m thinking chuck the opks in the bin, chuck the thermometer and step back, learn to relax and let go stop being a control freak.

Therefore I’m wondering if complementary therapies have helped anyone?

Thank you

MouseLove Thu 02-Nov-17 17:09:28

I think your plan sounds fantastic. It might help you to gain some of your control back. I would recommend reflexology and acupuncture. But also once you’re ready, try the clearblue digital ovulation kits. They are foolproof. Expensive, but totally worth it. It might help if you are not ovulating when you think.

I’m also sorry for your loss, can’t be nice to be TTC and going through all that. Maybe take until after Christmas at a more relaxed approach. You need to take care of yourself before you can grow another. Xxx

Good luck. Xxx

PabloEscobarlo Thu 02-Nov-17 17:54:14

@MouseLove thank you for your kind words and advice. It really has given me comfort this evening to know I might be on the right track.
Things have definitely got too much and I’ve taken a couple of days off uni (nurse) after a Patient made me realise I haven’t grieved and I was overwhelmed.

Being kind to myself now as I know I need too, only taken me several months!

MouseLove Thu 02-Nov-17 20:31:54

I think taking a break will really help. When do you get married? That’s something to look forward to, is TTC something you would postpone until after the wedding just to remove some stress?

Not on the same scale but we lost our first pregnancy at 10 weeks in February. We took 4 months after just to grieve, and let my body recover. We’re still trying now and on month 14 but I honestly can say we’re not stressing out about every little thing. I’ve allowed myself to really consider that when it happens it happens and there’s nothing much I can do to make it happen quicker apart from relaxing, looking after myself, enjoying ourselves and creating a nurturing environment that’s not filled with pressure and stress.

It’s important you take the time to grieve. Really important. It’s ok not to be ok. Sending massive hugs. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now