Talk

Advanced search

2 day period

(23 Posts)
sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 14:26:47

So my period was due 23rd October but arrived on 21st october early morning and was finished by early hours 23rd it was very light ( I've always been 5-7 days and very very heavy) and need to change my Tampax a lot (sorry tmi). I've been having a lot of dizzy spells to the point I've been to docs to get blood taken, feeling sick most days and I've also just got over a water infection. Monday and Tuesday of this week 1st morning wee when wiping there was blood on the tissue it was very very pale pink (size of a 5p maybe smaller) and was only there the once each day then nothing since. Is there any chance this could be implantation ( or is that just me wishful thinking). The docs seems to think u can get implantation anywhere up to 6 weeks xx

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 14:27:30

Also last month's period was the same 2 days exactly and very light xx

Bubblegum89 Thu 02-Nov-17 14:58:49

I would say no to the inplantation bleeding. If you were pregnant, you’d be getting positive tests by now. Water infections can make periods short/light and make them late (it’s happened to me before) also from what I’ve been told, periods can change for lots of reasons. I would say it’s highly unlikely that you’re pregnant but that there’s probably an underlying health issue that’s causing your lack of periods and sickness. I doubt it’s anything serious but I would push the drs for more tests.

NimbleKnitter Thu 02-Nov-17 15:02:21

Have you taken a pregnancy test? Easiest way to find out x

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 15:53:35

The water infection happened after my period finished. And no not taken a test since i finshed antibiotics doc said nothing would show up on test coz of infection and it was my doc that said it could possibly be late implantation and to wait a few days after the 2 bits of spotting then take a test. Just don't know what to think xx

EverythingNow Thu 02-Nov-17 15:53:51

My periods since having Mirena removed 18months ago have become 2days max - They were heavier and longer when I was in my teens and 20s.

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 15:56:34

I had my coil removed end of January and periods before having it removed and from after then until end of June-july were 5-7 days and very very heavy. It's just the last two periods been 2 days xx

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 15:57:30

And very very very light xx

physicskate Thu 02-Nov-17 16:08:49

The only thing you've mentioned that could result in a positive test is pregnancy. Antibiotics, nor cystitis would affect the result, but just the length of time you can hold the wee to get a concentrated enough sample.

None of us can tell you. It's more than 10 days after the 'period' which would put you at nearly 6 weeks pregnant. Take a test if you want to know...

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 16:59:35

I'm gonna get one in the morning and take one xx

MouseLove Thu 02-Nov-17 17:05:22

I’d say you’re lacking progesterone. It’s not implantation. You are probably missing ovulation too. Have you ever tracked? I have very light and short periods similar to what you describe and I have a luteal phase defect. My cycles are short too. The things you’ve describe sound exactly like my cycle.

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 17:28:23

Yes I got a very positive opk last month, static smiley plus my normal ovulation pains xx

Bubblegum89 Thu 02-Nov-17 17:57:43

Are you 100% sure you’re ovulating? Getting positive opks and ov pains isn’t a guarantee you are. You can only confirm it by bbt or blood test/scans. I agree with mouselove it does sound more like a progesterone issue

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 18:21:31

Yeh I'm pretty sure I am ovulating I get ewcm also. I've had 3 kids previous the last one I did all the opks and every thing. X

Bubblegum89 Thu 02-Nov-17 19:59:42

You can just stop ovulating or you can have cycles where you don’t ovulate. I would ask the dr to do a 21 day progesterone test to check your LH levels are as they should be. I know a lot of women who get positive opks, ewcm and ov pains every month and don’t ovulate. Always best to get it checked. I really don’t think you’re pregnant so it’s best trying to get to the bottom of the issue so it doesn’t hinder your chances in the future

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:21:41

What's a 21 day progesterone check xx

MouseLove Thu 02-Nov-17 20:34:04

Basically a blood test 7 days after you ovulate to check your levels. The GP often won’t do this however unless you’ve been TTC for at least a year. You might need to go in and say you’re having very light and short periods and they may investigate why, of course that may also help with the TTC issues too. 😉

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:49:03

They know I'm having 2 day periods and very light ones as I told them last week and then again today after getting bloods taken to check why I keep going dizzy. Come January we will have been trying to conceive baby number 4 for 1 year xx

physicskate Thu 02-Nov-17 20:50:20

Then again, they might refuse to investigate or run blood tests... like my GP despite ttc for a year when I last saw him. Just be prepared for the possibility that they won't be interested.

Had my first day 21 test this cycle on my first clomid cycle this cycle. TTC 20 months. In the end I bypassed my GP and was able to self refer to the fertility clinic when I'd been ttc 16 months.

Bubblegum89 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:54:04

Yeah they will usually only do those tests if you’ve been ttc a year but I had underlying issues which meant I had mine on cycle 10 so it’s worth an ask. The blood tests they’ve taken for your dizziness most likely won’t be to check your LH levels unless you had them taken specifically 7 days after you last “ovulated”

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 20:55:37

God knows what they're checking just know there was 7 files of blood and about 9 things wrote down what they were checking for lol xx

sazzle3 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:00:32

This ttc is horrible with my 1st two kids it just happened we didn't even try and then my 3rd it took us 6 months to fall so I thought oh it will only take us about the same with our 4th maybe even faster, how wrong was I lol xx

Bubblegum89 Thu 02-Nov-17 22:17:52

Don’t worry, I’ve been pregnant twice both while on birth control and I’ve currently been ttc for 12 months so far with no luck. Was a shock to find out that having children easily in the past doesn’t mean you’ll be so lucky in the future lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now