Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Coming off pill Cerazette/ desogesteral

(5 Posts)
Tryingforsleepthief2 Thu 02-Nov-17 13:58:38

Our daughter turned 2 in August and OH and I have decided it’s time to think about a second one. I came off the pill (desomono) in October but have not had a period yet. Having Googled this (always a bad idea) I’ve seen horror stories of periods not returning for a year after. I know everyone is different, but I’m hoping someone can offer some reassurance that they didn’t take that long!

OVO1410 Thu 02-Nov-17 16:03:48

I've been on the mini pill for 14 years with breaks when having my two DC. Both times I stopped taking the pill, it took 6 weeks before I had a withdrawal bleed and then I was fortunate enough to conceive straight away. I read all of the horror stories online too but try not to worry and remember that everyone is different smile

Mandala23 Thu 02-Nov-17 18:12:11

I came off the same pill as you at the beginning of September. Had a breakthrough bleed a few days later for a week. Two weeks after I was spotting for five days then I didn’t have anything until last week when I had my first proper period! So don’t worry, it can take a bit of time for hormones to adjust but everyone’s different and hopefully your cycle adjusts soon smile

Ladykat457 Thu 02-Nov-17 18:19:13

I came off the same pill in mid September and have just had my first period. My cycle was 40 days. A little longer than I’d like but as it was the first one I’m not too concerned.
Try not to worry, for most people they do come back I think, just might take some time as your body readjusts to having to produce hormones again!

Tryingforsleepthief2 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:59:00

Thank you. I guess we got pregnant without really trying last time so I think it might take us a while this time anyway. I’ve not been on this type of pill before but went on it because of breast feeding. The other pills ive been on I would have had a period by now.

Thank you for advice. Just need to be patient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now