Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC with a short cycle

(5 Posts)
onefortheroadplease Thu 02-Nov-17 07:06:04

Anyone else here with a short cycle of 24 days and a short luteal length?

Really struggling and wondering if I should see a doctor?

physicskate Thu 02-Nov-17 09:29:09

What is the length of your luteal phase? A doctor can’t increase it but taking vitamin b6 might...

onefortheroadplease Thu 02-Nov-17 10:58:20

Just 7 days I think sad

MouseLove Thu 02-Nov-17 11:06:54

Unfortunately there’s nothing a doctor can do to correct your cycle length. Mine is currently 9 days but I’ve just managed an 11 day luteal phase last cycle.

I would look at ways you can lengthen. I would highly recommend looking at your diet, starting fertility acupuncture & looking at the vitamins you’re taking.

What are you doing currently to lengthen your luteal phase?

Have a read of this.
http://natural-fertility-info.com/luteal-phase-defect.html

Downbutnotyetout Thu 02-Nov-17 11:19:21

Mine was 25 days. However I was super overweight, ate crap and had just come of the back of a pregnancy loss. I did acupuncture (for a good few months, every other weekend), sorted out exercise, diet and 3 months of thyroid medication, got pregnant the first month it moved out to28. Worth getting a few blood tests to see if anything is underlying cause.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: