Talk

Advanced search

First Month TTC

(5 Posts)
MrsBee5817 Wed 01-Nov-17 20:02:01

Hello all!
I have just gotten this app today so am very new to the whole Mumsnet world.
I cannot wait to be a mum. And I am so excited to start this journey. I came off the pill a week ago, and am just going to start TTC straight away.
So I am on the November train I have heard people say. grin
This is my first month of TTC and I already am ridiculously excited.
Does any one have any small bits of advice for me, so I don't stress or become obsessed haha.
Also I have seen lots of different abbreviations for all of these things on these forums, if someone could fill me on the acronyms I would really appreciate it
Thanks all!
Looking forward to starting my journey with you all!!! gringrin
Xxx

Bubblegum89 Wed 01-Nov-17 20:24:38

Welcome to ttc! The most popular acronyms are:

Ttc- trying to conceive
Bfp- big fat positive (preggo test)
Bfn- big fat negative
Opk- ovulation predictor kit
Ewcm- eg white cervical mucus
Cm- cervical mucus
Bd- baby dance (sex)
Dpo- days past ovulation
Hpt- home pregnancy test
Cd- cycle day

I’m sure someone can add ones I’ve forgotten. My advice to you is don’t obsessively symptom spot. You WILL get “pregnancy symptoms” especially after just coming off birth control. You’ll get sore boobs, nausea, cravings, odd cramps, pee more etc. If you’re super lucky, you’ll get them every cycle whilst ttc lol they are only to do with your progesterone levels and nothing more. Pregnancy symptoms don’t start until you are pregnant enough to have a positive test. Oh and don’t bother testing before 11dpo. Implantation usually happens between 7-10dpo and once you have implanted it takes a while for your HCG levels to rise enough to be detected on a test. Another thing is that it might not happen right away and it’s perfectly normal for a healthy couple under 35 to take up to a year to conceive. It might happen quickly but just be prepared for the possibility it might not.

Good luck!

MrsBee5817 Wed 01-Nov-17 21:21:04

Ahh thanks!
That's a great help!!
Looking forward to the journey!
Thank you! grin

Mrstobe90 Thu 02-Nov-17 07:21:58

Hi! smile good luck on your journey!
Find a method of tracking your ovulation that works for you. Personally, I used my period app for a rough estimate and then would look for the changes in my CM. Thankfully it worked for me!
There are many different methods and hopefully you’ll find the perfect one for you. Sending you lots of baby dust xxx

Mrstobe90 Thu 02-Nov-17 07:24:07

Also, get on prenatal vitamins to get your body topped up with folic acid xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now