Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Implant

(5 Posts)
novelea Wed 01-Nov-17 13:32:50

I’ve been on the implant for around 7 months. I’ve had regular periods while being on the implant and all of a sudden I’ve missed a whole period, done 2 test and both came back negative! I have had pregnancy symptoms like sore boobs and feeling sick! TMI last night I had some sort of mucus plug. I’m very confused has anyone had a similar situation? Can you get pregnant on the implant? hmm

tinatsarina Wed 01-Nov-17 13:38:50

I've had it in three years now it finishes this month. My periods where up and down for the first year. Haven't heard of becoming pregnant on it but then again its not 100% effective so i suppose there is a chance

MamOfFrankie Wed 01-Nov-17 16:38:36

It does increase your progesterone level, which can stop periods as well as conjure up a range of other pregnancy symptoms.

butterfly198615 Wed 01-Nov-17 16:51:25

With the implant for me I bled on an off for a few months and then they stopped for a few months and then I spot again then they stop again. I still get the sore boobs and cramps like I'm going to come on but I either don't or just a little bit of bleeding. Although it's not like a regular period it's also around the same time of the month I would usually come on.
It just needs to settle down a bit. But if you are worried then have a word with your GP about your concerns .

Flybynight1 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:36:52

The implant is 99% effective so in 100 women, 1 may get pregnant while on it. I never had a period on the implant (why I liked it so much!) but I have friends who varied on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now