Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight to conceive?

(4 Posts)
McBounty Wed 01-Nov-17 12:12:33

Hey guys.

I have just gone back to Slimming World in a bid to lose as much weight as I can.

DH and I have been TTC for 8 years now. We already have a healthy 9 year old son. My weight has prevented this. I gave over 10 stone to lose.

My GP is conceived it's my weight and as soon as I lose the weight, she is sure that I will conceive.

Is there anyone on here with a success story for losing weight and then going on to get pregnant?

I need some inspiration.

greentreeseverywhere Wed 01-Nov-17 12:22:01

I lost nearly 5 stone on slimming world to get pregnant. I found out I was pregnant when I got to 4 .5 stone. lost a few more pounds then started gaining at 14weeks. I left slimming world at 20 weeks. (also furthest I had got I a pregnancy). shes now 4 weeks and having a cuddle with me. I'm going back to slimming world in January and will get to target this time!!! x
good luck xxx

flumpybear Wed 01-Nov-17 13:14:49

yes, absolutely, it definitely makes a difference. Some hormones reside in fat, so this can interfere with hormone balances, hence finding it difficult to fall pregnant. I fell pregnant twice, with my actual babies (had lots of mc) when I started going to the gym and reducing my BMI, it wasn't much either, just a bit. with 10 stone to lose you'll find, if you're serious, you'll lose quite a lot quickly too.
drink loads of water as well as doing SW, and get exercising, that helps with your biochemistry too - enjoy it, you'll feel loads better.

I'm having to make sure i'm careful as I don't want more children, but recently started with a personal trainer as I want to lose a good 4-5 stone.

good luck

Warhammerwidow89 Wed 01-Nov-17 13:50:50

I can't ttc for another 4-5 months, so I'm hoping to lose some weight as start yoga in the mean time. I haven't weighed myself in forever, but I'm a size 14. And I want to go down to a 12 ideally smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now