Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Losing weight to conceive?

(4 Posts)
McBounty Wed 01-Nov-17 12:12:33

Hey guys.

I have just gone back to Slimming World in a bid to lose as much weight as I can.

DH and I have been TTC for 8 years now. We already have a healthy 9 year old son. My weight has prevented this. I gave over 10 stone to lose.

My GP is conceived it's my weight and as soon as I lose the weight, she is sure that I will conceive.

Is there anyone on here with a success story for losing weight and then going on to get pregnant?

I need some inspiration.

greentreeseverywhere Wed 01-Nov-17 12:22:01

I lost nearly 5 stone on slimming world to get pregnant. I found out I was pregnant when I got to 4 .5 stone. lost a few more pounds then started gaining at 14weeks. I left slimming world at 20 weeks. (also furthest I had got I a pregnancy). shes now 4 weeks and having a cuddle with me. I'm going back to slimming world in January and will get to target this time!!! x
good luck xxx

flumpybear Wed 01-Nov-17 13:14:49

yes, absolutely, it definitely makes a difference. Some hormones reside in fat, so this can interfere with hormone balances, hence finding it difficult to fall pregnant. I fell pregnant twice, with my actual babies (had lots of mc) when I started going to the gym and reducing my BMI, it wasn't much either, just a bit. with 10 stone to lose you'll find, if you're serious, you'll lose quite a lot quickly too.
drink loads of water as well as doing SW, and get exercising, that helps with your biochemistry too - enjoy it, you'll feel loads better.

I'm having to make sure i'm careful as I don't want more children, but recently started with a personal trainer as I want to lose a good 4-5 stone.

good luck

Warhammerwidow89 Wed 01-Nov-17 13:50:50

I can't ttc for another 4-5 months, so I'm hoping to lose some weight as start yoga in the mean time. I haven't weighed myself in forever, but I'm a size 14. And I want to go down to a 12 ideally smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: