Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else symptom spotting?

(16 Posts)
MamOfFrankie Wed 01-Nov-17 07:20:01

For anyone else symptom spotting: www.twoweekwait.com/bfpsymptoms/dpo/page8.html

I am trying not to get my hopes up, but everything went a bit nuts over the past two days, culminating with a TINY amount of spotting yesterday (which I totally would have missed if I hadn't been wearing white underwear) and deep cramps this morning at 10dpo. Fx for everyone!

Secretbroody Thu 02-Nov-17 21:49:22

I've been a huge symptom spotter since thinking I might be. Every obscure symptom in the book, you name it! Flatulence, heartburn, vivid as hell dreams, nausea, weird pains popping up in all sorts of places, sense of smell, emotional, even a fibroadenoma! I took a cheapy test last week, and BFN, but the bf said to wait til I'm due aunt flo to use the other one from the pack because the instructions say to use it from then, it's not an early detection one. I'm dying waiting and dreading the creeping feeling that I'm making it up. So you're not alone! X

MamOfFrankie Fri 03-Nov-17 07:17:21

You sound like me! This is third cycle TTC, and this is the first cycle where I am genuinely convinced I might be! So far I've had:
Huge boobs
Sore lump in right armpit
Constipation
Gas
Vivid dreams
Nausea
Waking up randomly at 3 in the morning
Insatiable hunger later in the day, then when I do eat I can't seem to finish anything!
Dull cramps from about 9dpo.

Got a BFN at 12dpo, so I am waiting until tomorrow to test again (14dpo). When you testing?

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 07:21:30

Hi all. Im 13 dpi and AF was due on Wednesday. I've got lotiony CM, increased appetite, happy mood, occasional nausea, sore boobs, cervix is high soft and closed, vaginal walls swollen and soft. But BFN this morning. Don't know what to think :'(

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 07:41:51

Oh, I've got the hunger too, @Mam

MamOfFrankie Fri 03-Nov-17 07:56:37

Talking about the hunger has actually made me hungry! Haha. First morning in a while where I haven't felt sick.

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 08:00:58

I don't know when to test again. I'm starting to doubt myself now because 13 dpo seems a bit late to get a BFN although I did have v painful stabbing pains in my groin on 10 dpo so if that was implantation, then maybe I'm just testing too early.

Jess1803 Fri 03-Nov-17 12:24:07

I'm currently 16dpo and no AF yet just brown spotting. On Monday I had a one day light period. And Iv had insomnia for about two weeks waking up at 2/3 in the morning and unable to fall back asleep. Funny twinges in lower tummy. It's all very confusing! I'm going to test on Sunday

BandhaAid Fri 03-Nov-17 13:40:44

@Jess1803 When was AF due?

Jess1803 Fri 03-Nov-17 14:52:38

My cycles are quite irregular so anything from Tuesday to yesterday

MamOfFrankie Fri 03-Nov-17 20:02:03

Was just doing a CB, was looking like a squinter, when DD (6) burst into toilet and stood on it! Now the window is completely blue and can't read anything! And I had ben holding in that wee for like 3 hours! GAARRRRRRRR angry

Bubblegum89 Fri 03-Nov-17 23:23:11

I was a huge symptom spotter at the start of ttc. I’ve since learnt that “symptoms” during the tww are not pregnancy related even if you end up being pregnant. They’re solely progesterone related and you will get them regardless of if you have conceived or not and they will vary month to month and you will get some things you’ve never had before. I’ve had nausea, sore boobs, “implantation cramps/pains”, dizziness, fatigue, aversion to smells, food tasting funny, crazy bowel movements, needing to pee more... not one single time have I been pregnant. Don’t do it to yourselves lol it’s not worth it. You don’t get true pregnancy symptoms until you’re around 4-5 weeks pregnant normally and you definitely won’t get true pregnancy symptoms until you are getting a good strong positive on a test. I’ve been at this so long now, this was the best advice I was given! Good luck to all of you smile

Owlpatrol Sat 04-Nov-17 07:29:46

Oh @Bubblegum89 your wisdom always makes me feel better.. .see my last post on movement bus. One year ttc never ever even had a squint of a bfp. Only wasted about 3 tests over the year so not too bothered. Never going to jump to conclusions again about symptoms hehe

Owlpatrol Sat 04-Nov-17 07:30:07

November **

Secretbroody Sat 04-Nov-17 07:36:11

#MamOfFrankie (sorry I'm new I don't know how to tag) I don't know how to calculate dpo since I'm on the pill, we haven't been ttc yet, I thought it was a happy accident due to some spotty pill use. I couldn't wait and tested this morning with a Tesco bluedye cheapo, BFN. I don't know how sensitive these ones are, I've heard bad things about Tesco ones, but I think surely it must show even some hint by now of the hormone if I am preg since next weekend I'm due on my "period" (not a real period but my cycle is exactly 28days because the pill structures it so). I'm so disappointed and confused and upset because I really FEEL pregnant (I've not done this before, I don't know from experience of feeling this way before, but I just feel it, there's so many symptoms, and so many I can't just make up or be psychosomatic, I mean a growth in my breast isn't something I can imagine into happening!) and I think the bf although we weren't trying, was warming to the idea and accepting of it, but it's made me realize how badly I want a baby right now, not some obscure "one day" hypothetical, but I don't know if bf will be ready enough to start actively ttc, that's going to be a difficult conversation. :'(

Bubblegum89 Sat 04-Nov-17 11:14:27

owlpatrol just read your post on November bus, sorry it seems like af is on the way sad

I’ve been ttc for a year now too and I haven’t had a single bfp in all that time. Have you started fertility tests yet? This is why I’ve learnt not to symptom spot. I’ve had every symptom and never been pregnant and knowing that actually, symptoms mean nothing other than the fact you have raised hormone levels makes each month a little less stressful. It’s stressful enough as it is already haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now