Talk

Advanced search

Disproportionate disappointment

(6 Posts)
frultbat Wed 01-Nov-17 06:33:19

I have been convinced that this month is our month. I am either 10 or 11dpo and had a very clear, definite BFN already today.

I got a good BFP (not strong but certainly not faint) at 9DPO with my first. So now I've convinced myself I'm out. No sign of AF yet.

I just can't see how I can be pregnant as surely it should at least be showing faintly by now?

Daffodil77 Wed 01-Nov-17 07:06:18

I didn't have any symptoms when I had my BFP. I think I've built my hopes up that this is the cycle it'll work again so understand your disappointment. As the saying goes though - it ain't over til the fat lady sings...

frultbat Wed 01-Nov-17 07:24:31

Thanks daffodil. I wonder why we convince ourselves? I've had no symptoms and no reason to think this is the month it'll happen. I just so want it to be.

I have loads of internet cheapies and have taken 3 and it isn't even 7:30. I'm like a woman possessed. Now I'm thinking "ooh maybe they're all duds" so no doubt I'll waste money on another brand today.

It's so pathetic and I annoy myself so much. I just want to know one way or the other. And what's so ridiculous is it's still relatively early considering I'm not even late. I need a huge grip handed to me sad

NimbleKnitter Wed 01-Nov-17 07:50:11

Do you really want a large dose of reality?

Early testing is what gave us chemical pregnancies. Before super sensitive tests, you’d only be able to confirm pregnancy after a missed period. You wouldn’t gave known you had a chemical, you’d just think your period was late.

Stop testing. Knowing a week earlier won’t change anything - you’ll either still get pregnant in a week or you won’t be.

Give yourself a break. Step away from the tests.

Easier said than done, I know. x

frultbat Wed 01-Nov-17 08:16:53

That is exactly what I need to hear nimbleknitter. Thanks. I wish the tests weren't available in a way. I don't know how to stop!

MouseLove Wed 01-Nov-17 11:59:13

I love this from
http://natural-fertility-info.com/two-week-wait.html

^The most common obsessions for women in the two week wait are all about a real lack of patience. Yes, there may be signs of implantation, such as a rising BBT, or some slight spotting, or symptoms of early pregnancy such as nausea, feeling more tired than usual, and cramping, but these symptoms are also very common during the luteal phase, as estrogen drops off, progesterone increases and for some women, PMS kicks in.

Ask these questions of yourself:

How is knowing if I am pregnant sooner than my expected menstruation beneficial to me?^
^
Does noting every slight change in my body during the two week wait make me feel good or does it make me worry about the outcome? Notice how your body feels when you note these changes. Are you holding tension anywhere?^
^
Remember, it is vital to be realistic during your two week wait. Rather than focusing on each little sign, or symptom of pregnancy, focus on nourishing, nurturing and cultivating patience in your life.^

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: