Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
anxiouswaiting Tue 31-Oct-17 12:13:01

Could anyone tell me their experience if ovulation after miscarriage?

I lost my son at 12+6 2 weeks ago. Had to go in due to complications last week as my placenta was stuck and up till 2 daya ago was still bleeding very heavy. Now it is just brownish blood when I wipe (sorry TMI!).

I did a pregnancy test this morning as advised by hospital and its neg. Also an ovulation test and its got a feint 2nd line.

Could I be ovulating again already? Won't be ttc if I am, just would like to get back to cycle tracking as I have PCOS so this was already a baby we were lucky to concieve and would like to track fertility for when we are ready to try again.

chloworm Tue 31-Oct-17 12:17:29

Hi, sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It's perfectly possible that you're ovulating again. After I miscarried my first baby I fell pregnant again before having a negative pregnancy test or another period. It all turned out well and I had a lovely baby girl. Best wishes for the future.

Fia256 Tue 31-Oct-17 13:17:20

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage flowers I lost a little boy at 16 weeks (was 20w pregnant but stopped growing at 16) back in June.

I ovulated 2 weeks later and AF came 2 weeks after that, so I was lucky that I pretty much went straight back to being regular.

You could be ovulating, but most ovulation tests always have two lines, and it’s only counted as positive if the second line is as strong or stronger than the control line? So I’d say you probably aren’t yet but could be wrong depending on what test you are using.

Hope you are feeling ok, I know what a horrible dark time it is after loosing a baby slightly later flowersflowers

anxiouswaiting Sun 05-Nov-17 12:17:46

Thanks for your replies. No the line wasn't darker than the control line so I guess it isn't ovulation. I have never used them before so thought they were just like pregnancy tests with one line no and 2 lines a yes confused

I think I will invest in some clear blue and use them after I get my period. I just want to know everything is back to normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now