Talk

Advanced search

Low sperm count, fertile week! Tips please!

(10 Posts)
Jade123f Mon 30-Oct-17 17:44:19

Hi ladies. Basically last week my partner did a home sperm test and the results say he has a low sperm count. Today is the first day of my fertile week and I was wondering if anyone had any tips. Do we dtd everyday or once every 2 days? I guess everyday is too much if my partner has a low sperm count? Really not sure what to do but hoping I get my BFP this month!!!xxx

peachesarenom Mon 30-Oct-17 17:49:07

Preseed lube.

NimbleKnitter Mon 30-Oct-17 17:50:36

See a doctor. Home sperm tests aren’t that reliable.

But yes - every other day where there are male factor issues

Jade123f Mon 30-Oct-17 17:52:40

@peachesarenom I will try that! Thank you! X

Jade123f Mon 30-Oct-17 17:54:13

@NimbleKnitter Thank you. I have read in a few places that they aren’t that reliable so he is going to go to the doctors if we don’t conceive this month xx

MouseLove Mon 30-Oct-17 18:11:35

How long have you been TTC? How old is you & your partner? The Home tests are not really reliable.

Jade123f Mon 30-Oct-17 18:34:39

This is our 8th month. I’m 27 and my partner is 32. I use ovulation sticks but we just thought we would try a test this month. Yes I have read that so I think our next step will be the doctors x

MouseLove Tue 31-Oct-17 07:57:19

The doctors won’t start any tests until after 12 months. Honestly you’re still well within the normal range of TTC. I would take it relaxed and have sex every other day. If nothing has happened within 12 months/cycles then go see your doctor.

Do you know when you ovulate? That might be a good first stop. Try ovulation sticks or temperature tracking. Once you know when that is in your cycle you can focus your efforts more towards that time. Do not rely on apps to tell you when you ovulate.

Good luck!

Jade123f Tue 31-Oct-17 08:21:17

Thank you @MouseLove! It’s just so hard when everyone is getting pregnant around you, as happy as you are for them you can’t wait to get your own BFP! I use ovulation sticks and they help! I ovulate 2 weeks after the first day of my AF. Fingers crossed we’re lucky this month!xx

JoJoSM2 Tue 31-Oct-17 12:43:50

He should do a proper test. If the GP feels it's too early to refer, get one privately. It's probably about £100. Trying naturally could be a waste of your time if he genuinely has a low sperm count. In addition, it often correlates with poor motility and morphology.

If you're dtd-ing then obv as often as poss. Even if the 2nd, 3rd etc ejalucate has fewer sperms, then it's still better than 0 (if you don't dtd).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now