Talk

Advanced search

Very Early Miscarriage - advice pls!

(23 Posts)
Sarah103 Mon 30-Oct-17 17:27:40

Hi ladies
I just joined this website it seems like a great place to be and I hope I can get some info/advice/opinions, stories, anything!
Basically ttc for about 5-6 months not (properly ttc), and I had pregnancy symptoms for a good 10 days since we dtd. Symptoms such as bathroom 10-12 times a day. Sometimes urge to go from bladder pushing even if nothing much came out. Everything I ate made me feel sick. Food at tip of my throat. Smells of certain foods I loved before put me off. Bad nausea and fatigue. Was convinced I was pregnant but still wasn’t building my hopes too much! Af was due Thurs Oct 26 so waited till then to see if it arrived.. in the evening, I started to bleed very light. Pinkish color. Panicked thinking it’s start of Af.. to a point I prayed and prayed it wouldn’t turn into that.. waited it out till morning and it got slightly heavier. Was normal Af blood but still tried to stay optimistic I was pregnant.
I did a test and it came back as a slightly faint line, this was clearblue. After a good hour I went to use toilet again and notice the line darkened. Not too much, still faint but more visible.
Of course, this made me feel excited...
I spent Friday trying to think positive, until I woke up Saturday and did another test which said negative (first respones). Shortly after, im talking a good 3-4 hrs after, my bleeding increased. Clots of almost black color. Sorry for details. This isn’t normal and instantly I knew 1) I was not pregnant any longer and 2) miscarriage or chemical pregnancy happened...
Went Doctors after they asked me to come ASAP and from everything I told her she confirmed miscarriage. Showed her my clearblue positive test with faint line, she said a line is a positive result.
I spent the weekend crying but I am much better now. I am ready to ttc straight away when I start ovulation next wk.
Does anyone have any similar stories to mine? And how long did it take you to conceive again?
Any tips?
Btw, I use clearblue ovulation kit which is amazing. Got the smiley face and dtd 2 times both days I was highest fertile.
I swear by this now and can’t wait to use again!

I’d appreciate any feedback to my story, or your own story - it’s always nice to share and hear others stories xxx

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 17:41:24

I Sarah, I would say get straight to it as soon as you feel ready. Maybe take some pre natal vitamins too Best of luck for the future!

Sarah103 Mon 30-Oct-17 18:12:22

Hello
Yep gonn get straight to it!
Hoping I have a lot of luck and hit jackpot lol

I have heard fertility is higher then normal after a miscarriage.. has anyone else heard about this?
Xx

MJlovestea Mon 30-Oct-17 19:37:10

Hi Sarah, I had a similar experience. The first month we started ttc, I tested for ovulation and after af didn't show I got a faint line! I was also feeling like had a fever and nauseous and i just felt different! Sorry for tmi! About a week later the bleeding started and sounded very much like your experience. I was really upset but continued to try as soon as I could. I was ovulating 6 days before af arrived this month which seemed late but maybe a result of chemical pregnancy. Since af ended, I've felt quite nauseous but I guess I'm just getting sick as I had a normal 6 day period. I keep clinging to little signs but I reckon being positive is the best way forward and stressing will not help! Very best of luck to you!

Sarah103 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:22:35

Hello

I am so happy someone can relate to my experience. I literally just overcame my miscarriage which happened Saturday. Just kept a positive mind even though it hit my hard. But remember things happen for a reason I truly believe that.

Did you miscarry also?

What I don’t understand is my test was a faint positive and next day my 2nd test came up completely negative. But the bleeding I had def was not normal bleeding and I have had to research what miscarriage bleeding looks like, also looked at pictures, sad, and I had the same bleeding.

We all know our own body’s and when somethings is not right. We can sometimes only judge ourselves what’s going on. I am still bleeding now, less heavy, but still having cramps now and then which is not normal for me in a period as I struggle with backpain instead.

I really hope you have your good news and please let me know!! Loads of sticky baby dust to you!!!

Trust me I know how hard it can be not to symptom spot, the best thing to do which I have learned is to switch off from it (I know it’s hard!) and pray for the big fat +!!
Really hope you get your positive!

I’m so sorry about your miscarriage, if that’s the case? It’s so hard when you want a baby so much...

MJlovestea Mon 30-Oct-17 20:39:31

Yes, after the bleeding (that turned into normal af) stopped, I felt 'back to normal'. I saw my gp after my positive result, and was told not to get my hopes up as more than half first time pregs do not follow thru because the body is experiencing something completely alien. I took comfort in that. I took a negative too just after the bleeding started but a few days later tested positive again - I learnt that the hormone can still be present in the body - but I knew deep down it wasn't to be. I am going to try not to dwell too for the next little while and hope for that positive!!! Thanks for ur support!

Sarah103 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:57:33

Your gp saying more then half of first time pregnancies can result in miscarriage bc the body is experiencing something unusual for it first time definetly gives me comfort also.
Second time lucky for both of us, please let me know how it goes!! Xxx

Sarah103 Mon 30-Oct-17 23:03:27

Has anyone else had a similar story? Xx

CatSneeze Tue 31-Oct-17 03:06:03

I had a chemical pregnancy last year which ended about a 5 days after AF due, I had had positive tests which remained very very faint and I just knew in my heart that something felt wrong even though my best friend (and the Internet!) kept telling me a line is a line.. anyway after many tears we started TTC again the following month and I got a positive test 4 weeks to the day- the result of which is curled up asleep on me as I write this! Good luck, I know how rotten it feels to have all the hope and excitement ripped away from you but hopefully the next couple of months brings you good news.

Beetlebum1981 Tue 31-Oct-17 03:41:24

I had two early miscarriages around 5-6 weeks. I had the first in the July and second in November. I then fell pregnant with DD in the December. It was crap at the time and I remember feeling it was all so unfair. It took about 8 months to fall pregnant with DD however on a positive note I’m currently 21 weeks pregnant with DD2. I fell pregnant about a week after having my coil removed which was a big surprise to DH and I as we’d assumed it would take at least 6 months given what had happened previously!

Sarah103 Tue 31-Oct-17 10:43:01

CatSneeze
That is so lovely! I am so happy for you you had a healthy successful pregnancy after your distraught. Miscarriage is so sad, even if it’s just very early, people say it’s okay, but it still tears you apart. Thank you for your support and well wishes - hopefully have some good news coming my way also, we will be ttc straight away as I feel 110% ready - probably even more now after what happened! xx

Beetleburn1981 - that’s lovely too!
I love hearing other stories as it keeps me positives and full of faith.

I’m worried about another miscarriage when I do fall pregnant again but I think it’s best I don’t let that stress me... very hard not to! X

Anisam87 Tue 31-Oct-17 11:08:17

Hi Sarah103,

I had the exact same thing happened to me in September, I was 4 weeks. It was just after my 30th birthday when it happened. All my friends knew because I wasn't drinking or doing anything for my 30th and my friends had booked a secret spa day which I couldn't go to because you cant go in saunas or jacuzzis when your pregnant. I felt so sad because we were so excited and have only recently started trying after getting married. It was also horrible having to imply afterwards that it didn't work out to my friends.

Started trying again the month after. I am currently 9 dpo and have had slight cramp and tightness in my lower abdomen. I feel like somethings there so hoping for a positive result soon. I'm sorry to hear about your m/c as I understand how devastating this is. I've got my fingers crossed for both of us xXx

Sarah103 Tue 31-Oct-17 12:28:20

Anisam87

Hi lovely, I’m sorry to hear about your miscarriage also. It’s so devastating going through it when you are trying so hard for a baby.
If it’s any help, I do believe things very much happen for a reason, and many people have said to me, although there isn’t any main cause of a miscarriage - we should be thankful as the egg was not healthy enough to develop properly, so it gets flushed out of our bodies. I’m not sure if this is 100% accurate - but it makes sense to me and gives me comfort.

I really hope you get your positive test and healthy happy pregnancy. Can’t wait to hear back! Keep me posted xx

Sarah103 Tue 31-Oct-17 12:29:20

If you don’t mind me asking, did you start trying straight after your miscarriage - first ovulation? Fertility is mean to be highest then so you have increased chances!
Fingers crossed for you!!!! Xx

JoJoSM2 Tue 31-Oct-17 12:35:16

Having a short chemical pregnancy gets your hopes up so it's upsetting when it is over. However, at point it's only a clump of a few cells that doesn't look like anything so I hope you manage to move on soon. And like you mention up-thread, chemicals are very common. A lot of people blame the modern, high quality HPT. In the past women wouldn't even have known and would have thought they just had a slightly late period. Oh the joys of testing early!

Anisam87 Tue 31-Oct-17 13:31:04

Thanks Sarah103, yes I did try the first month after but I think my timing was off. I've got my fingers crossed for this month tho. I'm feeling positive. I think after it happened I became aware of how common it actually is, experience makes you wiser. I'll keep you informed and good luck to you too smile

Sarah103 Tue 31-Oct-17 13:46:16

Yes it makes you wiser for sure! Hubby and I are eating very healthy now and looking after ourselves (taking prenatal vitamins, etc)...
in terms of ovulation and correct timing, I use clearblue ovulation kit! I love it! Usednit first time last month and clearly it worked as I fell pregnant (ending in m/c)...
but I am excited to use it again come ovulation and it tells you which 2 days are your most fertile and to dtd!
Try it out if you haven’t.. I don’t believe in the apps or calendars anymore and only use them for recording my period dates, in terms of ovulation, peeing on a stick result can’t be wrong..

Xx

Anisam87 Tue 31-Oct-17 14:18:13

Thanks for the advise, if im not this time I will def get one for next cycle. Thank you smile

jinglebells123 Tue 31-Oct-17 14:56:05

Hi - very sorry for your loss. I had a similar experience- fell pregnant an first attempt. Got BFP a week after af was due and had some symptoms but miscarried at 5+4. Fell pregnant again on next cycle but had the same again - another Mc at 5+4. Had a break for a few months to let my body recover and fell pregnant again on first try and now have a 3 year old.

Unfortunately I seem to be prone to early miscarriage as I had another 12 months ago at 6 weeks.

I'd give yourself a month off - dr seemed to think my second Mc was because my body hadn't recovered from the first.

Good luck x

Sarah103 Tue 31-Oct-17 15:05:18

Hi jinglebells123

I am so sorry for what you have been through. One miscarriage is hard enough, you are so strong to have gone through 3. I am so happy you have your little blessing, your three year old!

I would really like to try for a baby as fertility being highest after m/c is something I don’t want to miss out on. It’s a risk I find worth taking and I hope for the best for myself. I feel back to normal and my body feels strong now.

I have heard many stories of women fallingnoregnant and being successful shortly after m/c; I pray this happens for me and all the other women out there in my position!
I appreciate your support and story.

I also hope God brings you lots of blessings if you are or will try again in life.

My m/c seemed to be a very early one as I bled quite heavily 2 days after period due date (prior to this it was light/medium flow - sorry for details) and it happened only 2 wks since conception.

I pray for the best for everyone and keep me posted xx

user1470147116 Tue 31-Oct-17 16:40:53

I also had a chemical miscarriage, had long period and then fell pregnant again following month! I'm 39 and TTC for 2 years.

Sarah103 Tue 31-Oct-17 18:07:28

That’s amazing! So nice to hear stories like this!
Xx

Sarah103 Wed 01-Nov-17 20:27:29

Hi ladies
I just wanted to ask how long it took to feel back to normal after an early miscarriage, in terms of emotionally/mentally. I only miscarried at 3-4 wks but feel incredibly sad at times. Even though the baby never developed and it was only an egg, it’s still so painful bc that egg was my egg.

Did/does anyone else feel this way?
Does it get better?

It doesn’t help I have been off work for 3 wks which means I have a lot more time to myself to think about things rather then being distracted which I would much more prefer right now!

Would love to hear if anyone else relates xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: