Talk

Advanced search

Late ovulation - implantation chances?

(12 Posts)
Caimor23 Mon 30-Oct-17 15:38:38

Hi all,

I'm a bit worried and I was hoping one of you wonderful ladies can help.

I tend to ovulate on the 21 day of my 31-day cycle like clock work. Are 10 days enough time for implantation to occur?

I've looked around and some sources say it's the minimum number of days you need for implantation... Has me a bit worried! Any advice/insight would help smile

Thanks in advance!

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 15:56:31

HI,
I’ve asked the same question today. I don’t have the answers but didn’t want to read and run. I’ve started to take vitamin b6 maybe worth looking in to.

physicskate Mon 30-Oct-17 16:16:17

Implantation tends to occur 6-12 dpo, with the average being 9 dpo. So your luteal phase is on the short side, but might not be a problem. I'd also look at vit B if I were in your shoes.

Mrsjones17 Mon 30-Oct-17 17:59:57

I've been taking b6 and used to ovulate late about CD 20 on a 32 day cycle. This month I ovulated CD 14. Not sure if that's the b6 or accupuncture! It's also seems to have helped with spotting preAF in the lutal phase

Caimor23 Mon 30-Oct-17 18:41:42

@Cupcakesandlove sorry! I didn't see your post! It's kind of comforting knowing someone else is going through the same though smile

Thanks for the advice, ladies.

I've been taking a B-complex. Would that help in the same way as B6?

I'm also taking the Seven Seas trying for a baby vitamins in hopes it will counteract the late ovulation :/

@Mrsjones17 have you been doing acupuncture for long? I've thought about it but I'm not sure I can get past the needles!

ShowOfHands Mon 30-Oct-17 18:43:52

Normal luteal phase is between 10 and 16 days. 10 days is fine. Mine was 9 days when I conceived dc2.

BandhaAid Mon 30-Oct-17 18:58:14

@cupcakes A normal LP is considered 10 to 16 days

MotherOfBeagles Mon 30-Oct-17 19:04:30

Mine was always between 9-11 days so i had the same worries but I’m currently overdue with my first baby so it must have been enough time. I was taking seven seas conception, evening primrose oil (only half the cycle as supposed to) vit c, vit b complex and omega oils (last two mainly because I’m vegetarian and know I’m low anyway). Not a clue if all the tablets helped but at least I felt like I was doing something.

The only thing I did differently the month we conceived (after a year of trying and one mc) was the pillow under the hips tip after sex. I’d really not wanted to because I thought it would kill the mood and make it too sterile as such. But in the end it was hilarious and me and dh ended up laughing and being daft trying to get my hips propped up ASAP afterwards. I also used a mooncup straight after sex.

Again no idea what/is any of this helped but I liked being proactive and conning myself into thinking it did!

Good luck! grin

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 19:59:59

Really well if that’s the case incase very very releved all the information I have read said that 10 day isn’t normal!! X

Bows85 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:44:46

I was worried about this very issue, late ovulation followed by a luteal phase of 9-10 days. I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant, so it must have been long enough!

I wasn't taking anything other than a normal pre-conception vitamin when I got my BFP. Just DTD every other day (and a bit more around ovulation).

It CAN happen.

Good luck ladies smile

Mrsjones17 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:47:35

@caimor23 4 cycles in. I've had it before for pain relief on another issue but have had treatment for TTC for cycles now. It's doesn't hurt at all! Just sometimes a funny tingling sensation

Caimor23 Tue 31-Oct-17 18:58:52

@Mrsjones17 Hmmmm... I might have to try it then! Especially if it can help smile

Thanks all, again, for your advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now