Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

B6 vitamin

(21 Posts)
Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 11:17:14

Hi,

It’s become apparent this last week that I seem to be ovulating late in my cycle day 14+ on a 25 day cycle... I’ve been trying not since January but have only used ovulation sticks this past week we were relying on the apps.
I’ve read up about taking b6 and I’ve just got some, does anyone know when to take or stop taking them? Thank you

JoJoSM2 Mon 30-Oct-17 12:18:56

Excess of B6 gets peed out so you won’t do you any harm. So you don’t need to stop taking it.

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 12:29:58

Great thank you xxx

Bearsonstairs Mon 30-Oct-17 14:56:11

I’ve been taking b6 for a month now for short luteal phase, it does make your pee a ridiculous colour! I am now on 8dpo which is normal af day and no sign yet - so fingers crossed it’s helped! I don’t think it can hurt and it made me feel like I was doing something anyway.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 30-Oct-17 14:58:40

I had a short luteal phase so I took vitamin B6 after ovulation each cycle, otherwise it seemed to make ovulation later (for me).
It did increase my luteal phase from nine days to eleven.

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 15:51:17

THANk you today is day 14 of a 25 day cycle and I’ve just received a positive opk so I’ve taken the b6, I doubt it will do anything this cycle though.
Thank you for giving me your experiences in it and that it worked for you. Best of luck x

BandhaAid Mon 30-Oct-17 16:19:59

I think you're supposed to take it everyday so remember to take it even after ovulation. I may be wrong though.

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 17:07:59

Yeah I will thank you, I only brought it today ha x

MouseLove Mon 30-Oct-17 18:18:42

Haven’t tried b vitamins yet as there’s mixed reviews on the actual benefits to a luteal phase. I tried diet and acupuncture. I’m on cycle 14 🙁 My luteal phase was 9 days and just had an 11 day luteal phase last cycle.

BandhaAid Mon 30-Oct-17 18:24:33

I had two cycles with 7 day luteal phases, started b6 and conceived the following month so I guess it did something

Cupcakesandlove Tue 31-Oct-17 11:12:37

Bandhaid, that would be nice if it were to happen to me!

JoJoSM2 Tue 31-Oct-17 12:40:43

Supplements work best if you take them regularly. Ad hoc use is unlikely to make any difference.

Cupcakesandlove Tue 31-Oct-17 20:59:06

THanks jojo I only found out about the phase defect this week so that’s why I started taking them yesterday. Before that I thought I wasn’t ovulating

MouseLove Tue 31-Oct-17 22:13:45

Are you taking just b6 or a b complex? I’ve read conflicting advice. Band How long were you TTC before your BFP if you don’t mind me asking?

Cupcakesandlove Fri 03-Nov-17 19:05:56

HI @mouselove just b6 x

MouseLove Sun 05-Nov-17 11:12:13

Got myself some b6 if I’m not lucky this cycle. 😢

Cupcakesandlove Sun 05-Nov-17 12:27:28

Fingers crossed for you. I don’t even know if it works, but I’m willing to try anything st this stage!! X

MouseLove Sun 05-Nov-17 20:18:36

Same. This is month 14 of TTC #1 for me. I’m 34 at the end of the month. 😢

Cupcakesandlove Tue 14-Nov-17 21:41:51

HI,

I just wanted to update you all.
As you are all aware I found out I had a short LP, I had a positive opk on CD 15, my cycles were only 25 days since coming off the pill in January.
I decided to take b6 this cycle. I have now had a 28 day cycle.

Granted I still ovulated late last cycle I am unsure as to when I will this cycle but it has successfully lengthened my cycle.
I took 100mg per day from my last period up to my peak on my OPK I then dropped it to 50mg after my peak until my period.

Bearsonstairs Wed 15-Nov-17 13:30:35

Just wanted to add another positive update. Been taking 50mg of B6 for six weeks now. Last month got a 10 day luteal phase (instead of usual 8) but still late ovulation and this month have ovulated day 15, instead of 18-19 like usual. Can’t be certain it was the B6 that has made the difference but feeling positive!

GnTplease Wed 15-Nov-17 15:53:28

I’m in a similar position. Not actively TTC until Jan (too much going on over Xmas with travel/weddings etc which would make being pregnant v difficult to hide) but been off the pill since summer and trying to regulate my cycle. I was ovulating on day 17 with a 9 day LP but spotting from about 4 dpo. Been taking a bit B complex after ov for past 3 months and now ov on day 15 with an LP of 12 days and no spotting. Periods still worryingly light bit at least some semblance of a decent cycle returning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now