Talk

Advanced search

Tested at 8dpo, I'm so stupid

(11 Posts)
powderbluerose Mon 30-Oct-17 08:21:39

It’s official... I’m a ttc maniac. I’ve just used 2 frers at 8dpo, obviously negatives.
The rational, normal part of me knows there’s no way I’d get a positive at 8dpo, but the crazy bitch ttcer in me thinks it’s a perfectly normal time to test.
Someone please tell me I’m a twat and there’s still hope this cycle, I was completely convinced! 😢

KTD27 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:23:15

Of course there’s hope!! Now tie your hands together and don’t touch a stick until at least 11dpo! (She says counting down the days until 10dpo so she can test, but let’s face it it will be 9...)

Oysterbabe Mon 30-Oct-17 08:48:36

Yep you're an idiot. Next time save yourself a trip out and piss directly onto the 5ers.

LuItaliana Mon 30-Oct-17 12:59:30

oh OP I'm even crazier than you I just did it at 7dpo! I'm so annoyed with myself I feel so bummed now that it was BFN, seriously I feel like TTC has turned me into a complete desperate lunatic hmm

JoJoSM2 Mon 30-Oct-17 13:03:33

Oysterbabe gringringrin

MouseLove Mon 30-Oct-17 13:52:41

Take this opportunity to learn the first rule of parenthood. Patience. If you can nail that in TTC then you’ve got a good chance of lasting 9 months without tearing your hair out. Save the money for baby. Test when you’ve actually missed your period. What will knowing early actually accomplish? You’ll be worried about having a chemical, or have a super long wait until you can see a midwife. Wait, relax, enjoy! (I say this strolling into cycle 14 and have NEVER tested early)

powderbluerose Mon 30-Oct-17 15:37:44

Thanks everyone!  I think I’ve calmed down now... until tomorrow that is! wink

@Oysterbabe Ha ha!!! I really should just save myself the effort of buying them shouldn’t I!!

I’ve asked DH to hide them to help me as he’s off to work early tomorrow. I’ll probably end up interrupting his meeting to ask where they are. blush

powderbluerose Mon 30-Oct-17 15:39:32

@KTD27 thank you! good luck for your 10dpo test wink

powderbluerose Mon 30-Oct-17 15:46:05

@LuItaliana don’t be harsh on yourself. Ttc is so hard!! I’m the same!

I tried not to cry today when I saw the negative. Even though I know there’s still hope.
A negative test feels like the ultimate rejection! Good luck smile

BandhaAid Mon 30-Oct-17 17:28:15

Waiting until I've missed a period is even tougher for me, with a luteal phase of 10 days grin It means I need to wait until two, three or even more days after my period due date. Argh!

LuItaliana Tue 31-Oct-17 10:25:20

Thanks @powderbluerose hopefully we'll get our BFP's soon then we can blame our crazy behaviour on pregnancy hormones! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now