Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Positive opk?

(12 Posts)
Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 07:28:28

Hi that’s it really is this a positive yet?
The control line is closer to the green strip. They have been gettin progressively darker over about 24 hours, does this mean it’s on its way.... or is it either positive or negative like a pregnancy test.
One in the white background was last night the other one is this morning, not fmu though. I will test this afternoon though.
I’ve been feeling a bit crampy since yesterday.
Thank you

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 09:28:22

Bumping please

Babsicle84 Mon 30-Oct-17 09:33:39

I see two pink lines on both clearly smile

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 10:07:29

Hiya thank you. With an opk they have to be as dark or darker than the control line to predict ovulation. Would you say they are?

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 10:54:48

???

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 11:49:27

Hi, just posting incase anyone else uses these tests as has the same result.
It is positive, I just took another.. here is the photo one is taken 2 min after the other 10min.
So what is actually happening to me is I’m ovulating exactly two weeks after my last period, however my cycles are only 25 days and it isn’t preferable that you have less than 11 days between ovulation and your period. So I suspect this is why I have been struggling to conceive number 2. Mainly because my app was out on the days so timing was wrong and secondly there won’t be enough time to fertilise the egg, as my womb will be ready to shed. I’ve booked in another 21 day blood test on Wednesday and I’ve got vitamin b6 so I am hoping my next cycle is slightly longer than this. If not I may be able to talk about clomid with my gp.
The one on the blue Is 10 min after x

pattiselmabouvier Mon 30-Oct-17 12:17:37

You’ve definitely either ovulated or it’s on the way very imminently! I use those tests as well or I did until this month. They take patience and ability to interpret strength of the lines. Tbh I just got sick of them and found this on Amazon:
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Kit (OPK) of 10 Tests https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BSNL7A0/ref=cmsww_rcpp_api_0EX9zbCPYVH27
I knew that I had actually ovulated and it wasn’t all in my head, if you know what I mean. Don’t have to keep fannying around with the sticks as well.
All this TTC lark makes crazy ladies of us all eventually. Good luck to you smile

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 12:28:43

Thank you pattiselmabouvier so we need to dtd tonight then?
Oh it honestly was nothing like this with my first but this time I’ve gone absolutely crackers

Bunny99 Mon 30-Oct-17 12:44:26

I would say that's positive and so you should be ovulating very very soon! I would get to BD'ing 😄 Good luck

pattiselmabouvier Mon 30-Oct-17 12:49:59

Which cycle tracker are you using? I use Glow and it wasn’t accurate unless I updated it every single day which is very boring and repetitive!
In days leading up to fertile window, we try and dtd every other day but during, we try every 24-36 hours and slightly afterwards as well. It’s exhausting but worth it!!
I’m the same. I was a bit more relaxed with my first even though it took fertility treatment but this time, I’ve been borderline obsessed and I’ve been testing every day since I was 9dpo!! (It took a lot of restraint!)
Hope it’s your month!!

Cupcakesandlove Mon 30-Oct-17 15:55:12

I was using fertility friend and ovia, both gave me an ovulation date of 11 days but that’s not the case. It’s looking likely to be 14/15 out of 25 which is worrying me no end. As it’s so late in the cycle.
My first I had 28 day cycles and we was able to dtd everynight... I’ll be the first to admit I am to exhausted for it every night now!

Justoneme Mon 30-Oct-17 15:59:17

Whoop whoop

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: