Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

BFP? Evap line? Nothing?

(19 Posts)
Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 08:48:35

Hello!

So I’m not actively TTC, we have a 10 month old and wanted to start trying again after the new year.

We use condoms during fertile period and ages days before/after. This month we went away for a weekend to my mums just before fertile period. I forgot to bring condoms and we used pull out method once which we figured was okay given I wasnt quite in fertile period anyhow according to Ovia app.

Yesterday I felt really run down and almost vomited in the morning so I took a test just because I had one left over from previously TTC, assuming negative.

I’m not sure if it’s clear on the photo but it looks like there’s a really thin line. I can’t figure out if it’s significant or not! I took the test 9dpo and in the afternoon so urine not too concentrated.

What do you think?

physicskate Sun 29-Oct-17 08:50:36

It looks like there’s no colour to it. I’d vote evap. If you’re feeling such strong symptoms from pregnancy, the line should be very obvious.

GymBunnieWannabe Sun 29-Oct-17 08:52:16

If I came up straight away looks like it could be a very light +

Only thing to do is another in a few days, first wee.

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 08:53:15

Phew! Yes I think maybe EVAP too as I didn’t notice immediately, only when in brighter light. It really wouldn’t be ideal yet as want to get a bit further in my career before having number 2!

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 08:54:40

Also my husband said he also felt sick yesterday...so maybe we just have a bit of a bug?

TerrifyingFeistyCupcake Sun 29-Oct-17 08:55:49

I think that's an evap. It's narrow and colourless. 9dpo would be implausibly early to nearly be sick and as @physicskate says, if you had symptoms that strong you'd have a strong line too.

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 08:58:14

Great! Will probably have to go spend money on another test now just to make sure and test with FMU!

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Sun 29-Oct-17 08:59:12

If it came up within the time allowed I'd say +ve.

It's stronger than the faint line I had - you wouldn't have seen it on a photo. It's about the same as the line I had on day 2 when DP agreed he could see it too.

My "faint line" is now charging around with her friend singing along to Trolls!

Test again tomorrow.

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Sun 29-Oct-17 09:00:07

Cross post - if you noticed it past the window of time than it could well be an evap

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 09:03:35

I’m not really sure because I took it in the bathroom which didn’t have great lighting. Assumed negative. Got it out later to show my husband that I definitely wasn’t pregnant as we’d been joking about it when I said I felt sick.... Then in the lounge lighting I noticed the line! Luckily he didn’t notice so is currently still assuming negative 😂 He just glanced from afar though!

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 10:01:12

Eeeeek we’ve just arranged for a pub lunch with some quite boozy friends...think I might have to retest today with a FRER?

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Sun 29-Oct-17 10:06:28

Retest definitely the way to go!

Afreshstartplease Sun 29-Oct-17 10:06:46

Ive heard if you hold your wee for a few hours it can be as reliable as fmu

Waitingonasmile Sun 29-Oct-17 10:09:07

I would say negative/evap

Misssmoo Sun 29-Oct-17 10:47:55

My positive looked like that on the same test at 10dpo x

Halfdrankbrew Sun 29-Oct-17 10:54:02

I can actually see a v faint line, I had the exact same thing literally a year ago almost to the day. We had a 9 month old and was using the same form of contraception as you covering the fertile window. Well we didn't factor in ovulating very late, nearly 2 weeks late. My "is there a line?" Is currently grinning at me and is 4 months old tomorrow 😁. You might not be pregnant, but you might not have ovulated when you think you did. You wouldn't be getting pregnancy symptoms that early anyway though. I didn't get a positive test until about 12 days late for my period, even then it was like the picture you've posted.

Cupcakesandlove Sun 29-Oct-17 11:02:49

HI Halfdrankbrew I noticed that you said you ovulated late and fell pregnant can I ask how long your cycles were/are? I’m habing a nightmare at the moment thank you

Halfdrankbrew Sun 29-Oct-17 12:14:05

They were 28 days on the dot pre first child, then they came back after 7 months of having none (breastfeeding around the clock) settled back into 28 days on the dot for 2 months when they did return, although I had a weird 10 day period the one before I fell pregnant with my second child. We knew we were dicing not being careful the entire month but we wanted more children (was maybe 6 months sooner than I had planned so not a huge thing). I actually thought my periods had disappeared again due to breastfeeding, it was a couple of close friends that told me to take a test, I was very much convinced I wasn't and was looking forward to no periods again for a while grin.

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 13:47:57

Update! I wasn’t able to hold for more than 2h cus had to go out but there’s nothing on the next one so I’m going to assume negative and treat myself to a boozy lunch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now