Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

BFP? Evap line? Nothing?

(19 Posts)
Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 08:48:35

Hello!

So I’m not actively TTC, we have a 10 month old and wanted to start trying again after the new year.

We use condoms during fertile period and ages days before/after. This month we went away for a weekend to my mums just before fertile period. I forgot to bring condoms and we used pull out method once which we figured was okay given I wasnt quite in fertile period anyhow according to Ovia app.

Yesterday I felt really run down and almost vomited in the morning so I took a test just because I had one left over from previously TTC, assuming negative.

I’m not sure if it’s clear on the photo but it looks like there’s a really thin line. I can’t figure out if it’s significant or not! I took the test 9dpo and in the afternoon so urine not too concentrated.

What do you think?

physicskate Sun 29-Oct-17 08:50:36

It looks like there’s no colour to it. I’d vote evap. If you’re feeling such strong symptoms from pregnancy, the line should be very obvious.

GymBunnieWannabe Sun 29-Oct-17 08:52:16

If I came up straight away looks like it could be a very light +

Only thing to do is another in a few days, first wee.

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 08:53:15

Phew! Yes I think maybe EVAP too as I didn’t notice immediately, only when in brighter light. It really wouldn’t be ideal yet as want to get a bit further in my career before having number 2!

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 08:54:40

Also my husband said he also felt sick yesterday...so maybe we just have a bit of a bug?

TerrifyingFeistyCupcake Sun 29-Oct-17 08:55:49

I think that's an evap. It's narrow and colourless. 9dpo would be implausibly early to nearly be sick and as @physicskate says, if you had symptoms that strong you'd have a strong line too.

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 08:58:14

Great! Will probably have to go spend money on another test now just to make sure and test with FMU!

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Sun 29-Oct-17 08:59:12

If it came up within the time allowed I'd say +ve.

It's stronger than the faint line I had - you wouldn't have seen it on a photo. It's about the same as the line I had on day 2 when DP agreed he could see it too.

My "faint line" is now charging around with her friend singing along to Trolls!

Test again tomorrow.

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Sun 29-Oct-17 09:00:07

Cross post - if you noticed it past the window of time than it could well be an evap

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 09:03:35

I’m not really sure because I took it in the bathroom which didn’t have great lighting. Assumed negative. Got it out later to show my husband that I definitely wasn’t pregnant as we’d been joking about it when I said I felt sick.... Then in the lounge lighting I noticed the line! Luckily he didn’t notice so is currently still assuming negative 😂 He just glanced from afar though!

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 10:01:12

Eeeeek we’ve just arranged for a pub lunch with some quite boozy friends...think I might have to retest today with a FRER?

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Sun 29-Oct-17 10:06:28

Retest definitely the way to go!

Afreshstartplease Sun 29-Oct-17 10:06:46

Ive heard if you hold your wee for a few hours it can be as reliable as fmu

Waitingonasmile Sun 29-Oct-17 10:09:07

I would say negative/evap

Misssmoo Sun 29-Oct-17 10:47:55

My positive looked like that on the same test at 10dpo x

Halfdrankbrew Sun 29-Oct-17 10:54:02

I can actually see a v faint line, I had the exact same thing literally a year ago almost to the day. We had a 9 month old and was using the same form of contraception as you covering the fertile window. Well we didn't factor in ovulating very late, nearly 2 weeks late. My "is there a line?" Is currently grinning at me and is 4 months old tomorrow 😁. You might not be pregnant, but you might not have ovulated when you think you did. You wouldn't be getting pregnancy symptoms that early anyway though. I didn't get a positive test until about 12 days late for my period, even then it was like the picture you've posted.

Cupcakesandlove Sun 29-Oct-17 11:02:49

HI Halfdrankbrew I noticed that you said you ovulated late and fell pregnant can I ask how long your cycles were/are? I’m habing a nightmare at the moment thank you

Halfdrankbrew Sun 29-Oct-17 12:14:05

They were 28 days on the dot pre first child, then they came back after 7 months of having none (breastfeeding around the clock) settled back into 28 days on the dot for 2 months when they did return, although I had a weird 10 day period the one before I fell pregnant with my second child. We knew we were dicing not being careful the entire month but we wanted more children (was maybe 6 months sooner than I had planned so not a huge thing). I actually thought my periods had disappeared again due to breastfeeding, it was a couple of close friends that told me to take a test, I was very much convinced I wasn't and was looking forward to no periods again for a while grin.

Babydreaming Sun 29-Oct-17 13:47:57

Update! I wasn’t able to hold for more than 2h cus had to go out but there’s nothing on the next one so I’m going to assume negative and treat myself to a boozy lunch!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: