Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation test

(15 Posts)
Sandra800 Fri 27-Oct-17 23:11:09

Hi guys,

I just did a ovulation test. And this is what has come up. Does this mean I'm really fertile right now? If I have had intercorse yesterday is there a chance I could possibly get caught?

Pibbee Sat 28-Oct-17 02:04:32

Which line is the control line? It either looks very positive, or almost positive, depending on which line is which! Either way, I’d say that DTD right now would be well-timed. Good luck!

INeedNewShoes Sat 28-Oct-17 02:14:43

If I'm right in thinking the line nearer the green is the control line then it is still darker than the test line which means it's not positive.

The test line needs to be definitely as dark as the control to be positive.

Sandra800 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:50:30

The control line is the one near the green strip and the test line is he one next to it xx

Sandra800 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:50:55

Would this be the best time time to try get pregnant?

orangeowls Sat 28-Oct-17 08:52:34

Yes, as it is very nearly positive you are likely to ovulate soon

INeedNewShoes Sat 28-Oct-17 09:39:10

Ovulation tests are either positive or not. You can get one that looks 'nearly positive' days before ovulation. The only ones you want to take action on are those that are actually positive.

If you track you cycle for a couple of months you'll see 'nearly positive' turn to a faint line before getting an actual positive when you get your real LH surge. That's why the clearblue digitals only show positive or negative because the only relevant result is the true positive.

Sandra800 Sat 28-Oct-17 11:39:03

Would you say from my picture that mines positive? My cycle is all over atm I'm way over my period I'm 12 days late and my pregnancy tests are negative and my HCG blood tests from the docter come back negative (no lines what so ever) but this was a week and a half ago (the blood test) . I did a pregnancy test last night and that was negative but then I did this ovulation test and it come up with the two lines...

Pibbee Sat 28-Oct-17 11:46:50

No, it’s not positive.

Sandra800 Sat 28-Oct-17 11:58:19

Am I better off getting a clear blue ovulation test to be accurate?

Sandra800 Sat 28-Oct-17 12:02:24

This is what I found on the instructions leaflet I'm confused as because when I look at my picture I thought it was a positive 😕

INeedNewShoes Sat 28-Oct-17 12:41:41

Your picture shows two lines. One line is slightly darker than the other. That is the control line. Therefore the test line is not as dark as the control. That means it's not positive.

I think it would be a very good idea for you to use the clearblue digitals.

Cupcakesandlove Sat 28-Oct-17 13:40:45

IM having a nightmare with these tests at the moment. I would say chuck them and don’t waste your money and buy a clear blue. I’ve just wasted another month on them.... FYI my line was never this dark

user1499786242 Sat 28-Oct-17 13:45:51

Save the hassle and by a clear blue! So much easier
I got so fed up of these ones so bought a clear blue one and got pregnant the first month

Sandra800 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:13:02

Yeah think I might just do that.. I am getting slight stomach pains so thought I'd do a test, I thought the same that the liens pretty dark then I have had in the past.

Congratulations hope eveything goes well for you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: