Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

15dpo and BFN. Thoughts?!

(13 Posts)
felicityheather Fri 27-Oct-17 17:32:16

Hi!

I'm pretty positive I ovulated around the 12th of October. I chart and have had fairly consistent high temps since then. I've also had sore breasts, a strong sense of smell and lots of headaches, cramping etc. Could all be AF symptoms.

Last cycle I only got to 12dpo before I spotted and 13dpo I had a full blown period. Before that I haven't ovulated in almost a year so not sure how long my luteal phase is 'typically'.

I got a BFN yesterday and now 15dpo with no sign of AF. Anyone think I could be pregnant? Or am I just having a long luteal phase?

JoJoSM2 Fri 27-Oct-17 20:26:19

Did you try a frer with fmu, peeing in a pot and timing? If tested properly, it would have come up by now. If it was a less sensitive test or test taking wasn't optimal (later in the day, peeing on the stick directly etc) then there's still a small chance.

felicityheather Fri 27-Oct-17 20:31:09

I did a frer with fmu dipped on Wednesday. I was 13 dpo then. It's not optimistic is it?

Bubblegum89 Fri 27-Oct-17 20:34:30

You wouldn’t necessarily have got a positive just yet as PP said. A lot of women don’t get a positive hpt until up to a week after af is due. In most cases though, usually you will get a positive by 14dpo. I’m 14dpo today and af isn’t here yet but I’m thinking it will be tomorrow especially as I got negative on a frer this afternoon. But as they say, you’re not out until af shows up. I’d wait a few more days then take another test if it still hasn’t arrived.

felicityheather Fri 27-Oct-17 20:54:54

Well I haven't tested since Wednesday so I'm tempted to test again tomorrow or Sunday morning as AF isn't here but I'm scared to get another BFN.

felicityheather Fri 27-Oct-17 20:56:05

Wait... did I test yesterday?! POAS addict?!??

JoJoSM2 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:00:40

In all fairness, a properly done frer can come up 10-11 days after fertilisation. Allowing for a slightly later ovulation, fertilisation, a slow growing embryo etc, if it doesn't come up by 15dpo, then it's very unlikely.

Bubblegum89 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:28:08

I think that’s in general jojo a friend of mine used frer’s on 14, 15, 16 and 17dpo and got negatives, but got a positive 18dpo. Obviously she is the minority! Generally speaking, if a frer isn’t at least faint positive by 15dpo then you probably aren’t pregnant

JoJoSM2 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:20:21

Bubblegum, she probably didn’t know when she ovulated. If you look at IVF ladies (so the fertilisation is definitely correct), I haven’t yet seen anyone getting bfn followed by a bfp that late (usually FRERs coming up at equivalent to 10-12dpo). Given the margin of error in terms of working out natural ovulation and fertilisation times + a slow embryo, really can’t see how it could take you beyond 15dpo. Unless the tests isn’t very sensitive- some don’t show up for another 2-3 days after a FRER.

Bubblegum89 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:25:18

The girl I was talking about had an IVF pregnancy so I don’t know, maybe she got a batch of dodgy frers. Obviously I’m not an expert in hpt’s, that’s just what I know from her experience. I’ve never got a bfp on a frer myself since ttc but then I’ve not been pregnant so again, can’t really comment lol

felicityheather Sat 28-Oct-17 08:43:11

Thanks for you help ladies!

I did another cheap test this morning and got a negative which puts me at 16dpo.

I have another frer which I will try tomorrow if still no AF.

At any rate, my temps are still high so if I'm not pregnant... what is going on?!

HumpHumpWhale Sat 28-Oct-17 08:46:01

I got bfn with DS until 16 dpo. I'd say still possible based on my experience. Luteal phase doesn't tend to vary that much.

MouseLove Sat 28-Oct-17 11:46:23

My temps still stay high until around day 2 of AF. Some people don’t drop off as quickly. I have my fingers crossed for you but sadly it does sound like either you’ve ovulated or implanted later than you think. Sometimes that’s fine but sometimes it means the quality of the egg is compromised. OR you could be having a longer cycle. It’s entirely possible. I would wait a week now before testing again to let your hcg try and double up if you are pregnant. Try not to worry and focus on building a nice environment for egg to get comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now