Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

my first ever test

(71 Posts)
downinthedeep28 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:46:55

im not sure if its me being daft but i did my first pregnancy test to day and it now kind of feels more real that we are ttc

does that make sense?

im prob just being daft, i knew it would be 100%neg as we only dtd once i couldnt work out my ovulation days and i have been sick for most of the month with a cold sad

i only did it because a mate who is pregnant with her third said i should (my cold is making my pre period symptoms worse)

im being daft i know lol but have included a picture anyway :D

Unicornberry Thu 26-Oct-17 22:24:46

Looks like a faint positive but I wouldn't trust blue dye tests. Get a pink dye test and see if it's also positive. Good luck.

Bubblegum89 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:29:53

Looks like a negative to me, sorry. You could always try a pink dye, they’re usually more reliable.

downinthedeep28 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:39:50

hello both thanks for replying

sorry i should of said i knew it would be negative and had know hope at all it would be positive, the test was a spare one my mate had

we only dtd once this month because of illness and im still around 5 days from my period due date

i just for some reason felt happy like the ttc was real as it was my first time using one

like said strange i know :D

Bubblegum89 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:41:24

Ah I see! Get used to peeing on a stick lol ttc makes you obsessed with seeing lines on things. Good luck!

JoshGrobansFurryHamster Thu 26-Oct-17 22:41:50

I can see a line on that

NickMyLipple Thu 26-Oct-17 22:47:42

Don't give up hope OP - We dtd once and I'm 16 weeks pregnant... it does happen! So I've only ever poas once!

Actually twice because a few weeks later I bought a snazzy test which told me I was pregnant with words!

Unicornberry Thu 26-Oct-17 22:52:49

There's a second line on the test window so it's technically positive. It's just that it's blue dye and you can get evaporation lines a lot on these tests.

downinthedeep28 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:53:00

can some people really see a line?

i see nothing at all apart from the control line and the single line no cross at all

i suspect as the time goes on il be stocking up on my own tests of different brands and become obsessed lol

infact i have some already and waiting in my amazon basket for next month

Hulaballoo Thu 26-Oct-17 23:24:23

I can see a faint shadow of a line... I'd try testing again in a couple of days. It is possible after one time xx

GymBunnieWannabe Thu 26-Oct-17 23:25:39

Can I ask why there is a coin on it?

downinthedeep28 Thu 26-Oct-17 23:54:49

sorry the coin was put there because for some reason my camera wouldn't focus on the test at all

GymBunnieWannabe Fri 27-Oct-17 00:00:52

Ah! Thanks. I see it a lot and with wedding rings and I never made the connection.

Good luck! X

Needadvicetoleave Fri 27-Oct-17 20:48:13

Take a pink eye test. I see a faint line but clear blue are notorious for being misleading.

downinthedeep28 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:05:38

Do people really see a cross? confused

i dont see it at all

it was a sainsburys own test

winkywinkybumbum Fri 27-Oct-17 22:11:56

I too see a line and I have mole eyes.

HenryBiggleswade Fri 27-Oct-17 22:12:06

I can see a faint line making a cross, good luck OP

Bubblegum89 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:25:56

I must e blind because I’ve zoomed in and everything and I can’t see a cross at all lol

ScarletSienna Fri 27-Oct-17 22:28:11

I can see a cross until I zoom in and then I can’t do wondering if it’s a shadow from the coin?

downinthedeep28 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:45:59

should i take another?

im not due on yet and i really dont think we dtd on or near my ovulation day

i fished it out the bin camera wouldnt really focus but i took a pic with out the coin

i still see nothing

Hulaballoo Sat 28-Oct-17 00:06:52

Id take another, I can still see a shadow 😳

BertieBotts Sat 28-Oct-17 00:12:12

TBH, it looks like an evaporation line to me so I wouldn't get too excited. Try again in 48 hours. If you're pregnant your hormones will have doubled by then, making the test clearer.

You only need to have sex once during the fertile window to get pregnant smile

BertieBotts Sat 28-Oct-17 00:12:53

5 days before ovulation is fertile window.

KTD27 Sat 28-Oct-17 07:28:38

Oh the Sainsbury’s own ones are CRAP. I too got a faint positive and knew something seemed off so tested with the second test using water and got the same result. Do NOT use them.
Having said that of course you could be - but buy a different brand to check wink

downinthedeep28 Sat 28-Oct-17 07:45:46

Im more confused then excited lol

I really dont see anything there myself hmm

The test was a spare one my mate had so didn’t realise they were so bad shock

Got a lot to learn about this ttc thing havnt i

I really really dont think i am as i said been ill all month and only ddt once

I guess i could take another test if no AF monday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now