Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Opk positive post ovulation but hpt negative

(12 Posts)
ASAS Thu 26-Oct-17 18:08:46

Tried to trick of peeing on opk mid 2ww which was positive yesterday but hpt (3 of them) were negative today.

Should I just be sensible and think not my month again. Also, why is it so crap, ho hum.

JoJoSM2 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:23:27

If your opk is coming positive, then perhaps you haven’t ovulated yet?

ASAS Thu 26-Oct-17 21:46:13

Thanks for your reply. I would have thought that usually but my GP tested for ovulation this cycle.

Mummabearof3 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:53:10

Bit different but with my last baby I did the saliva ovulation test when at due and was positive so I bought a pregnancy test and was bfp. Good luck.

MouseLove Thu 26-Oct-17 23:01:19

When you say positive.. was the test line as dark as the control line?

ASAS Thu 26-Oct-17 23:49:47

It was a fainter line than control. I'm not am I? I don't think the preg test would show a false negative.

Misssmoo Fri 27-Oct-17 04:45:53

I tried this and I got a positive OPK before hpt but a day good luck c

JoJoSM2 Fri 27-Oct-17 07:33:16

If you’re only in the middle of the 2ww, then it might be to early for hpt to show anything.

With regards to the opk, I’ve read some studies that demonstrated that about 10% of women ovulate more than once a month (fraternal twins and all that). Perhaps that’s the case with you?

Pibbee Fri 27-Oct-17 07:40:17

If it was a fainter line than the control line then it wasn’t a positive OPK. It’s normal for there to be low levels of LH during our cycles.

TerrifyingFeistyCupcake Fri 27-Oct-17 07:45:16

If the test line was fainter than the control line it wasn't a positive OPK. Sounds normal, you ovulated and you still have LH in your system as we all normally do.

MouseLove Fri 27-Oct-17 11:08:59

It needs to be as dark as the control line to be positive. Anything else is negative. You usually get two lines at any stage during your cycle. One lighter than the other.

ASAS Sat 28-Oct-17 19:24:36

Thanks everyone. I got my ceremonial pre-menstral spot on my face this morning. So there we are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now