Talk

Advanced search

Beta hcg test at gp?

(7 Posts)
Peanutty86 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:43:44

Hi girls,

I had my first BFP on Sunday, since then tested daily, full of panic, going crazy.
I would like to have a beta hcg test done just to see if my levels are ok.
As I’m not from this country, I don’t feel comfortable just walking in and saying I want this test, previous experience shows doctors here are not very open to stiff patients suggest....
I’ve not had a pregnancy loss before.
Can I still go in and say I’d rather have it done to check?
Thanks

Orangebird69 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:51:27

You can ask but why should they say yes? You've got no history of previous issues. You'll just have to wait.

JoJoSM2 Thu 26-Oct-17 15:51:00

I’m not sure if a GP would want to spend NHS money on that.

However, have a google and you’ll be able to find somewhere in your area that does the tests privately. The level by itself might not mean an awful lot. It’d be better to do 2 tests 48 hours apart to see if your beta doubles.

MouseLove Thu 26-Oct-17 16:27:37

Honestly you need to focus your efforts on relaxing and enjoying this time. Please don’t stress yourself by unnecessary testing. Guess what, I saw a heartbeat at Almost 8 weeks. 2 weeks later. I had a miscarriage. It means absolutely nothing to have tests and scans and other things. You have no reason to worry. Eat well, relax, occupy your thoughts on nice calming images. You’re pregnant until someone tells you differently or you have a baby in your arms. Congratulations. Believe it!! X

Peanutty86 Thu 26-Oct-17 16:47:28

Thank you all.

@MouseLove thank you. I know this in my heart but my mind is extremely restless the last few days. Will try my best and put the tests and BBT aside...

MouseLove Thu 26-Oct-17 19:08:50

Yes. DEFINITELY stop testing and temping. No need to now. This might help you to relax. X

LovePinaColada Thu 26-Oct-17 19:11:51

Congrats on your BFP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now