Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Coil coming out and ttc. Any tips please

(23 Posts)
LostMyBaubles Wed 25-Oct-17 19:19:40

Mirena is coming our next week and then we will be ttc.
Any tips?
What was your experience?

Thank you

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 25-Oct-17 19:59:07

Hi! I'm in exactly the same position. Have you started taking folic acid?

LostMyBaubles Wed 25-Oct-17 20:05:37

I'm going to buy some tomorrow hopefully.
Been saying we will be ttc for about a year now and we both agreed now is a good time
yourself?

AyeAyeFishyPie Wed 25-Oct-17 20:10:52

Had my coil taken out today, not going to start TTC until December, I think you are supposed to take folic acid for a month before?

MamOfFrankie Wed 25-Oct-17 20:19:52

I haven't had the coil, but I got my implant out at the end of August and the only things I would suggest would be:
- Try not to fixate too much during cycle 1!
- Enjoy the process as much as you can smile

Her0utdoors Wed 25-Oct-17 20:26:02

I took folic acid for a few months before hand ( seem to remember the as ice was 3 months , it was a few years ago), had it removed ( one of my sisters took her own coil out shock), had unprotected sex that night and for a few weeks after that and DD was born 10 months 1 day later at 42+3.

Her0utdoors Wed 25-Oct-17 20:28:31

Read your questions properly now- my advice is use a menstrual cup to keep the semen 'in place' after sex and to avoid stinky damp undies grin.

LostMyBaubles Wed 25-Oct-17 20:57:34

As long as it's in my system hopefully will be ok.
Been saying lots of veg and stuff like that so hopefully will make up for it a little there lol

Outdoors wow! That's amazing.

I have 3 already. Youngest I didn't even know i was pregnant until I did a pregnancy test as I forgot if I had a period lol

Lol good advice

wafflelady Wed 25-Oct-17 21:10:58

Mine cam out Monday morning, we had sex Saturday (we weren't trying, just was really thick forgetting sperm can live up to 7 days! Am wondering how long it will take for a period to turn up.....

LostMyBaubles Wed 25-Oct-17 21:21:46

What was it like coming out? Did it hurt?
Take it you didn't bleed a lot if you manages to dtd

My biggest worry is bleeding after it coming out

wafflelady Wed 25-Oct-17 22:03:43

I had mine out in hospital as the threads were missing apparently. Was out in a couple of minutes and didn't hurt at all.

QueenAmongstMen Wed 25-Oct-17 22:22:16

Getting my first one out was a nightmare because of lost threads.

Getting my second one out was very quick and easy.

I was pregnant within 5 weeks of it being taken out on both occasions.

Her0utdoors Thu 26-Oct-17 05:31:02

I had 2 mirena, so 9 years in total, with no periods in this time, found removal a lot less uncomfortable than having the first put in. When I asked about them having an effect on conception when I had the second one fitted, the nurse said my womb lining would be 'peachy' and perfect for conception as soon as it was removed (she was right). I believe waiting for a period is more for medical convenience as the pregnancy can then be dated LMP. Good luck op 😀

Her0utdoors Thu 26-Oct-17 05:33:09

I don't remember any bleeding after removal, certainly nothing needing a pad etc.

LostMyBaubles Thu 26-Oct-17 08:40:59

That's fab
Thank you
Heard a lot of horror stories about those that didn't wait a month etc

QueenAmongstMen Thu 26-Oct-17 12:54:19

Not wanting to be a "horror story" but in the second occasion where I fell pregnant a few weeks after having my Mirena out it unfortunately ended in a miscarriage at 6/7 weeks.

I was then told that it's quite common for immediate post-mirena pregnancies to end in miscarriage because the endometrium wall just isn't sufficient enough to maintain a developing pregnancy.

I suppose it makes sense seeing as the Mirena tends to lead to very periods or stop periods altogether.

LostMyBaubles Thu 26-Oct-17 13:00:08

Ohh no.
Hope you are ok.
How did you manage after?

Bubblegum89 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:38:37

My advice after ttc for a year after having my implant removed is this;

Don’t expect it to happen quickly. It can do but statistically speaking, it probably wont and a year of trying with no pregnancies is completely normal for under 35’s. I made the mistake at the start of ttc of believing that it wouldn’t take that long. It has.

Don’t symptom spot. Can’t stress this one enough. You WILL get pregnancy like symptoms during your two week wait. You will be tempted to overthink them. They mean nothing until you see a positive line on a test!

Try not to let it consume your life. Know when your fertile days are, track using opk’s for your LH surge if you want to, maybe try bbt if you can. For the other three weeks of the month, chill out. Don’t overthink. Take your vitamins and supplements. Have a few drinks if you want. Relaxing isn’t the answer to conceiving at all (never listen to anyone that tells you to “just relax and it will happen”) but becoming obsessed will only drive you crazy.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

LostMyBaubles Thu 26-Oct-17 14:45:58

Perfect advice! Thank you
I'm prepared for a bit of a wait as I have pcos
It's getting worse and wanted to try for 1 more before it got worse than what it is

Thank you

QueenAmongstMen Thu 26-Oct-17 15:46:08

lostmybaubles - I'm fine thank you, it's been a little time since it happened now.

My DH wanted to start TTC again straight away but I didn't feel emotionally ready. A few months later I agreed to TTC again but it took us 10 cycles before I fell pregnant again. It felt like forever!!

LostMyBaubles Thu 26-Oct-17 16:27:54

Took us a while when I was trying for first, turned out I was deficient in a few vits etc so once I had that sorted took around 3 months after.

As much as I'd love it to happen straight away I know deep down it prob won't work like that

AyeAyeFishyPie Fri 27-Oct-17 11:17:41

I had my coil out on Wednesday - little painful but went quickly and no bleeding.

LostMyBaubles Fri 27-Oct-17 15:22:38

Ayeaye thank you
I can take a little pain it's the bleeding that I hate
Fx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: