Talk

Advanced search

Confused

(2 Posts)
user1471508896 Wed 25-Oct-17 14:48:31

Please bare with me on the abbreviations I've lurked but not posted.

I was 8 days late this tested on day 4 BFN, day 8/9 a light (bright) spotting follow by two heavy days.

After a short 4 day Af? nothing for two days other than a strange ache/pressure when using the loo followed by another two day bleed and now it's back to the discomfort (ache/pressure on lower right side) when using the loo. I took another test last night and there was the faintest of a positive line.

So after two sets of bleeding could I be pregnant? At this point I'm over two weeks behind where I think my cycle should be.

My initial thought was maybe I was but now I am not but the more I read makes me worried be concerned about a ectopic pregnancy at this point?

Has anyone experienced similar and still had a positive outcome?

Polly99 Wed 25-Oct-17 14:51:46

You do need to see a doctor, just to be on the safe side.
When I had a late period after negative tests, followed by a BFP, it was ectopic. Ectopic pregnancies can present strangely, including with negative pregnancy tests for quite a while. Since you’ve had a positive in unusual circumstances I think some investigation is needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now