Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

26 and still cannot conceive

(7 Posts)
Miserablegirl Wed 25-Oct-17 13:50:32

I am 26 obviously TTC. I'm due on my period in 10 days which are usually irregular anyway but I'm assuming it will arrive then. My last period lasted around 2 weeks which was strange. Anyway had unprotected intercourse 20/10/17 which was apparently the day I was ovulating (cervical mucus confirmed). My question is I am now feeling really bad cramps in my stomach as if my period is starting, tired all the time and going to the toilet more regular (opening bowels)! I'm just wondering if these are early signs, I would love to finally conceive after 2 years of trying I'm only the verge of just giving up. It is the most stressful thing I have ever experienced.

wonderstuff Wed 25-Oct-17 13:55:34

Could be, everything crossed for you. Took me 4 years, started trying in mid-20s. We gave up on the idea of having kids and immediately when the pressure was off conceived. She’s just about to turn 10. Good luck

sooperdooper Wed 25-Oct-17 13:56:57

Have you spoken to your GP? After 2 years of trying I think even though you're only 26 they would do some tests for you

Miserablegirl Wed 25-Oct-17 14:19:09

Test have been done and apparently there's no reason why it shouldn't have happened already, I mean I don't know really. It's just so depressing.

Miserablegirl Thu 26-Oct-17 18:03:59

I'll update once I've taken a test

JoJoSM2 Thu 26-Oct-17 18:09:13

If your cycles are irregular and you can bleed for 2 weeks then there’s clearly an issue. I’d go back to the GP and insist on doing sth about it.

BandhaAid Thu 26-Oct-17 18:34:46

If you are using just cervical mucus to judge ovulation, then you may be missing it. You are only 6 days last ovulation so it's a bit early for symptoms but good luck to you, you never know! I'm 5 dpo today so in a similar situation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now