Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10dpo... riddle me this!

(15 Posts)
Somethininthewater Wed 25-Oct-17 08:51:50

So, first round TTC no 4... according to OPK I’m now 10dpo. Yesterday I got 2 pathetically faint positives on 2 IC. This morning I did another IC and, on wiping, pink blood. Test looked negative too. I now feel a bit crampy but have felt odd twinges for the past 4 days
Wtf is occurring here? AF? Implantation bleed? Alien invasion??

SleepFreeZone Wed 25-Oct-17 08:54:22

It could be implantation it could be a chemical.

Poptart4 Wed 25-Oct-17 09:01:14

It can't be implantation as you only get a positive after implantation has happened. If your bleeding and getting a bfn, unfortunately it sounds like a chemical pregnancy. Sorry op xx

SleepFreeZone Wed 25-Oct-17 09:06:15

Poptart you can have some light pink on the toilet paper and be pregnant. It's called 'implantation bleeding' and it's generally what the midwives/doctors call the early stages of pregnancy where everything is bedding in and settling.

Somethininthewater Wed 25-Oct-17 09:09:46

It’s stopped now... was just that one wipe confused the positives were pathetically light.

SleepFreeZone Wed 25-Oct-17 09:14:05

Some I have to admit I can't see a squinter on that test. I think you're going to just have to give it a few days and test again.

Poptart4 Wed 25-Oct-17 09:26:09

I know what implantation bleeding is @sleep. But you can't get a positive pregnancy test before implantation occurs. The pregnancy hormones are only released after implantation and can usually only be detected by a test a couple of days later, so it doesn't make sense that she would have implantation bleeding after getting a positive.

Somethininthewater Wed 25-Oct-17 10:18:53

It’s happened again. Bit heavier this time. Maybe it is af showing up early? Not the end of the world. Only first month TTC

Misssmoo Wed 25-Oct-17 10:22:18

I do see a line on that test

SleepFreeZone Wed 25-Oct-17 10:23:10

But it's still called implantation bleeding in the first few weeks confused

Somethininthewater Wed 25-Oct-17 16:58:26

So, it hasnt got any heavier. Usually AF is pretty heavy by now. Guess it’s a few days wait to test again 🙄

IndianaMoleWoman Wed 25-Oct-17 19:50:36

I don’t know what the answer is OP but with regards to the concept of “implantation bleeding”, I had a bleed at ten weeks with my second and was told by the sonographer that it was implantation bleeding. Apparently the implantation can cause a bruise type pocket of blood that can come out at any time, so light bleeding doesn’t mean that you’re definitely out, particularly if it doesn’t progress to a full-blown period. Good luck OP!

Somethininthewater Wed 25-Oct-17 20:01:56

Implantation at 10 weeks?? Not heard of that before

IndianaMoleWoman Wed 25-Oct-17 20:37:00

Obviously I don’t mean that the baby actually implanted at ten weeks, that would be ridiculous! I mean that the implantation process can cause a pocket of blood to form, a bit like a bruise, that doesn’t necessarily leave the body immediately. In my case, I was ten weeks pregnant when the blood came out. The sonographer could see the pocket of blood on the scan and said more might come out (it didn’t).

Somethininthewater Wed 25-Oct-17 21:43:33

Aaah I see! I’m hoping this is IB and I get a bfp in the next few days! 🤞

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now