Talk

Advanced search

Vasectomy reversal

(5 Posts)
MancMike Tue 24-Oct-17 13:37:03

Hi,

New member here so please go easy haha!

I had the snip around 10 years ago... I'm now 32 and my partner (of 2 years) and I are looking to have it reversed. Has anybody on here been through similar - I've a private consultation on Monday but am looking for some first hand experience. Thanks in advance

BritInUS1 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:39:01

Sorry no advice, but you had a vascetomy really young. My husband struggled to get one when he was your age now.

What did the consultant say?

MancMike Tue 24-Oct-17 13:42:14

I've not got the appointment until next week. The doctor tried to convince me against it at the time... if only I had a glass ball eh smile

welshweasel Tue 24-Oct-17 17:28:57

Chances of successful reversal decrease the longer ago you had it. Also depends hugely on the individual surgeon. My husband had a vasectomy 12 years before we met. We were advised not to bother with reversal and go straight to IVF with surgical sperm retrieval (basically a needle in your testicle), was successful.

MancMike Tue 24-Oct-17 18:09:07

Ooh I never even knew that was an option. I'm glad to hear it was successful though, that's amazing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now