Talk

Advanced search

First Response 11dpo

(21 Posts)
c307 Tue 24-Oct-17 07:21:33

Is this a good idea? Or too soon?

Has anyone else got results around this time? Due AF on Friday so it's 4 days early, pack does say as soon as 6 days early?

Decisions... advice needed haha! confused

lgh05 Tue 24-Oct-17 07:24:55

Hi @c307 I am due Friday and this morning I got a faint positive using a clear blue early detection (even woke up hubby to get him to tell me what he saw). I also bought Superdrug own brand and got nothing so different test definitely can give different results.

c307 Tue 24-Oct-17 07:41:40

Oh really? I have read a lot of people saying first response are great early but I've done it and it's negative sad

lgh05 Tue 24-Oct-17 07:45:54

See my positive is very faint and nearly impossible so see on a picture in real life it's more clear. I would use another brand tomorrow morning as everyone has raved about Superdrug being the most sensitive and I got a negative one that, with the same sample of wee I got a positive of from the early detection clear blue. Maybe go out and get a different brand for tomorrow morning, plus that gives you and extra day to double up on those hormones!

JoJoSM2 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:19:25

It's still early and many women wouldn't get the second line at this stage. Try in a couple of days.

c307 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:52:27

Thank you ladies! Hopefully I get a different result in a few more days smile would love to see two lines!

juneybean Tue 24-Oct-17 12:56:53

Are you sure you got first response early response? As I got one of the first response and the amount of HCG needed to show a positive was so high it was always going to be negative regardless of whether I was pregnant or not.

MouseLove Tue 24-Oct-17 13:41:55

Honestly I don’t early test. Can’t imagine all the money I would have wasted if I did. Try to wait until you’ve missed a period. X

c307 Tue 24-Oct-17 14:01:37

It was these tests...

I know I should wait it’s just longggg! I have had some symptoms too so thought it may have shown sad

JoJoSM2 Tue 24-Oct-17 14:21:13

They are the most sensitive ones. You could try in a couple of days.

coastalchick Tue 24-Oct-17 14:38:26

Last time I got a BFP using FRER on CD27 or 11DPO but it sadly ended in MMC at 10 weeks. But did a test day before and got a BFN so I'd wait a couple more days then test.

I'm due AF Sunday and did FRER this morning which is CD25 and either 9 or 10 dpo depending on when ovulated and got a BFN!

MouseLove Tue 24-Oct-17 17:22:15

Symptoms rarely exist until the sac is formed at 5 weeks. However your hormones may be changing. Try and wait. There’s no benefit to you testing early. You’ll only worry either way. X

DillyDally15 Tue 24-Oct-17 18:47:50

I tested with a FR test at 10dpo and got my BFP. I used an OPK too so definitely 10dpo. Confirmed his on the same day with a clear blue digital. Best of luck OP! flowers

cannonball8726 Tue 24-Oct-17 18:48:20

Amen, MouseLove

Not a tester either. For me it would just add to the misery. I'll only test when I'm a few days late. And that hasn't happened since we started TTC sad

DillyDally15 Tue 24-Oct-17 18:53:18

If you look at all the dates leading up to implantation it can very so much. It can take 6-12 days. I'm guessing in my case it was closer to 6 days. If your little bundle takes 12 days then you've got another week for a BFP to appear! Keeping everything crossed for you OP.

ArtemisBean Tue 24-Oct-17 21:54:05

I'm always confused about when to test because my luteal phase is only 12 days, so for me "six days before missed period" would be 7dpo which is ridiculously early as it prob wouldn't have implanted yet! Everyone is different and there's no one rule fits all. Hope you get your bfp! X

c307 Fri 27-Oct-17 14:33:23

I have tested again this morning at 14dpo (2 weeks since insemination at clinic) and still BFN! Is there any hope now? AF still not arrived.

Has anyone had BFP later than this?

Bubblegum89 Fri 27-Oct-17 14:46:02

I’m 14dpo today and did a frer as af hasn’t shown up and it’s horribly negative. As white as white can be. I expect af will show up tomorrow as they are super sensitive tests and so if I’m getting lazing negatives at this point, I don’t think I’m pregnant. However, having said that, in my desperation I have googled in the past if you can get a negative on a frer at 14dpo but still end up pregnant and many women seem to have done just that. I guess it depends when you implanted and how much hcg is present in your urine. I’ve seen lots of women say they got bfn’s right up to 16dpo, some even later. I would maybe wait a few days for af and if it doesn’t show, take another test

JoJoSM2 Fri 27-Oct-17 15:18:16

Well, if it was an IUI at the clinic, then they would have monitored you and scanned to see when you ovulated? If it’s been 2 weeks since confirmed ovulation then it’s unlikely to have worked this time sad

c307 Fri 27-Oct-17 17:10:47

AF has arrived sad I’m out for October now.

Best of luck ladies smile

DillyDally15 Fri 27-Oct-17 19:44:47

So sorry to hear that c307. Best of luck for next month flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now