Talk

Advanced search

TTC for 18 months, cyst on ovary

(6 Posts)
Mammabear31 Mon 23-Oct-17 20:03:50

Does anyone have experience of ovarian cysts? We've been trying for DC2 for over 18 months and unfortunately miscarried in May so the fertility clinic won't accept a re-referral til it's been a year. I talked to my GP who suggested I had a scan to check my system, today they found a cyst on my left ovary. They couldn't tell me anything apart from it being there; and I'll see my GP next week for the full report. I've Googled it but there are so many variants of cysts I don't know what to think. Could it have caused our problems TTC? Anyone had this discovered and had treatment that helped them to conceive?

Mammabear31 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:33:26

Anyone?

MouseLove Tue 24-Oct-17 13:40:26

I had a cyst. From what I was told it’s perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. It’s from where you released an egg more than likely. It will disappear over time. Try not to worry too much. X

SemperTemper Tue 24-Oct-17 13:44:21

I had a cyst on my left ovary. I had been TTC for 18 months also and it was discovered during an ultrasound for fertility investigations. My doctor didn't seem concerned and when I had scans a few months later (when I was pregnant) the cyst had gone.

Cornishclio Tue 24-Oct-17 14:35:09

I had a cyst on my left ovary which was discovered when I was carrying DD2 at the 12 week scan. I was told they are very common and usually disappear on their own but because I was pregnant they had to remove the cyst and ovary as the cyst was so large due to risk of it twisting or rupturing as my pregnancy advanced. I never heard of them causing infertility.

Mammabear31 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:20:56

Just a quick update. I spoke with my GP on Friday who confirmed it was a haemorragic cyst, and has probably gone now. He did, however, say there is a fibroid near my cervix. Now I have to wait another 3 months to be re-scanned, and we will go from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now