Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Could I still be pregnant ? What are my chances ?

(13 Posts)
bleu18 Mon 23-Oct-17 19:19:51

Hi all !
I have posted this on another thread asking if it is an evap line.
But update on my situation isn’t looking too good.
I need help or advice.

I had my period 26 August.
Sexually active 1-11 September
Had dark brown spotting/discharge 18 September for 5 days. No period since then.
I kept testing negative except for this one time. Where I saw a bit of faint positive. Or maybe I am just hallucinating. Anyways I have seen a doctor, and I tested negative in their test. She has prescribed me some tablets to have my period back, although was told to wait a week and then retest before I start taking the tablets.
Recently I pushed on having a blood test taken and she also did a transvaginal ultrasound which both also came back positive. And I was told I have a follicular cyst which I understand isn’t much to worry about.
I am a regular and this is the first time I have missed a period. 2 now in fact. I only range from 24-27 days.
I have all the symptoms like fatigue, bloating, sore boobs, cravings and I feel like I am going to be sick every time I woke up or just eaten or drink. I also experience breathlessness sometimes especially at night that I have to put my pillow up.

What I want to know is, is there still a chance I could be pregnant ? Should I take the tablets ? Am I just taking a while to show up on tests ?

Sorry for the long post. I really am just lost and have no one to seek for advise.

Thank you all

physicskate Mon 23-Oct-17 20:06:12

But you said the blood work and ultrasound came back as positive?? So that means you’re pregnant..?

bleu18 Mon 23-Oct-17 20:12:43

Oh see my error there. Sorry. Negative.
How on earth do I edit ?
Negative everything. Maybe I am just losing it. With the lack of period and feeling ill all the time. Back and boobs hurting again. Always feeling sick especially when I wake up.

What is happening ? 😭
So stressed now. I don’t know what to think and do.
Not helping that I am in Dubai and I have to be careful with doctors in case I do turn out pregnant and I am not married.

Waitingonasmile Mon 23-Oct-17 20:31:08

That test in the picture is negative? I am sorry but would say you are definitely not pregnant.

bleu18 Mon 23-Oct-17 20:35:04

@Waitingonasmile
Yeah. I guess I just need to breathe.
Maybe I should just take those tablets have my chance of getting a period and start a clean slate.

Sorry.
I just needed somewhere to vent out my worries I guess and for someone to tell me something. Anything. Cos it feels like me against the odds.

myusernameisnotmyusername Mon 23-Oct-17 20:47:21

It is horrible the tricks your body can play. I always end up thinking I’m pregnant but I have an ovarian chocolate cyst and it causes lots of ‘pregnancy’ symptoms. I feel for you.

bleu18 Mon 23-Oct-17 21:06:30

@myusername thank you.
I’m just really beat today.
Hopefully, tomorrow is another day.

myusernameisnotmyusername Wed 25-Oct-17 00:30:06

Hi Bleu hows it going? Do you feel better today?

bleu18 Wed 25-Oct-17 12:15:08

HI @Myusername thank you for asking, yeah, I guess. Still no AF. 35 days late now. A lot of CM again.
I’m just letting it be for now.

haveagobletofblood Wed 25-Oct-17 16:22:31

Sounds like the 5 days of brown spotting was your period. I'm sorry but you aren't pregnant. It's better for you to accept it and move on. Your time will come but it isn't right now

KalaLaka Wed 25-Oct-17 23:03:16

Be very careful. Doctors can report you to the police just for having sex before marriage. Pregnancy without marriage is an imprisonable offence. Get a cheap ring, wear it, tell the hospital you are married. If you end up being pregnant, leave UAE immediately. If you give birth there and they even suspect the baby was conceived before marriage, they take foot prints and see if the baby is small enough to be premature...they ask to see your marriage certificate to prove dates.

For now, sounds like you're not pg: progesterone can cause all those symptoms. Be careful in Dubai, op.

bleu18 Thu 26-Oct-17 11:41:35

Thanks for the reply. It seems like it might as well be @haveagoble

Thank you very much @KalaLaka that is why I was getting really anxious when my period hasn’t come, because if I was pregnant I would want to be out of Dubai the soonest to avoid trouble.

My one week is up anyways, I might as well have the tablets to get AF and start over. That I think is better than being miserable like this. And most probably over nothing. 60+ days of no period takes its toll.

bleu18 Thu 26-Oct-17 11:42:27

Well 60+ days since my last proper period that is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now