Talk

Advanced search

Wisdom Teeth - TTC

(5 Posts)
Spacey25 Mon 23-Oct-17 19:08:26

My husband and I are desperate to start TTC. A recent visit at the dentist resulted in them telling me that I should have my wisdom teeth removed, probably in the new year. There are no issues with them at all at the moment but they anticipate that there will be. We were going to start trying to conceive this month so we’re a little gutted that we have to wait. WWYD? Wait and just get the surgery over and done with or start trying to conceive and get wisdom teeth sorted after baby?

MissConductUS Mon 23-Oct-17 20:09:50

Why not get them out now and then start the procreation activities?

MissConductUS Mon 23-Oct-17 20:21:42

Just in case I wasn't clear, you don't have to wait until they're causing a problem to have them out. It can be done electively. In the US it's routinely done in the late teens. My 17 year old DS had his out in August. In 3-4 days he was fine.

mummymathsteacher Mon 23-Oct-17 20:23:37

Why would you need to postpone? I had my wisdom tooth removed whilst pregnant with DS. There were no problems.

Sej1981 Sun 29-Oct-17 08:50:26

Are you having them out under general anaesthetic or local? If you’re awake, you can have them out when you’re pregnant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now