Talk

Advanced search

How long did it take you all to get pregnant? And how soon/how did you know?

(8 Posts)
LottieBrn30 Mon 23-Oct-17 14:20:59

Just would be nice to hear from some other mothers/mothers to be. My husband and I have been trying for a couple of months despite me only having 1 ovary and some mild endometriosis (never had any symptoms from this).

Is it true that the average is 4 months?

How soon do you know? I've had the odd symptom (but they are intermittent) and I'm one week away from my period due date.

Poptart4 Mon 23-Oct-17 14:27:08

First child conceived cycle 3. Second child conceived cycle 5. Third child conceived cycle 1. Currently on cycle 3 ttc 4th.

As you can see there really is no way of telling when you'll conceive. It's a game of luck.

confused123456 Mon 23-Oct-17 14:27:50

I stopped taking the pill in July 2014, and I conceived at the end of November 2014.
I didn't actually do a test until the 19th of December, but looking back now I should have realised in early December because: we went to a concert at an o2 Academy, and we were stood up the whole time, and I had a pain across the bottom of my back that wouldn't shift at all. Also there was an open jar of garlic paste type stuff in the fridge and every time the fridge was open the smell hit me. And I did feel a bit more tired than usual.
I do wonder how I didn't realise sooner.

Justwaitingforaline Mon 23-Oct-17 14:31:30

There is no hard and fast rule, sadly. Dc1 was conceived with the coil in, we’re now on month 12 TTC number two hmm

Choccyhobnob Mon 23-Oct-17 14:31:36

Came off contraception in January, had light periods but they didn't return to (pre contraception) normal until August. Started tracking in October and fell pregnant in December.

JoJoSM2 Mon 23-Oct-17 15:20:58

Almost 3 years and IVF.

Heatherbell1978 Mon 23-Oct-17 15:38:40

I’ve been pregnant 3 times although first ended in mc at 7 weeks. Each time was in my first month of trying - in fact after my mc I got pregnant 4 weeks later. First pregnancies at age 36 and last one at 39. I have a DD who is 7 months and DS who is 3. I honestly think it’s down to genetics. Every woman in my family has got pregnant instantly. I’m just glad we have access to contraception these days else I’d be like the old woman in a shoe.

OverinaFlash Mon 23-Oct-17 15:54:18

Pregnant cycle 1, ectopic. 19 months later, nothing.

Good luck to you and hope it happens soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now