Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Worried I wont conceive :(

(5 Posts)
LottieBrn30 Mon 23-Oct-17 13:31:34

Hello,

I am worried about conceiving and desperately want children. My husband and I started trying for children a couple of months ago. Around 3 years ago I had one of my ovaries removed due to a large cyst caused by endometriosis). Will only having 1 ovary severely reduce my chances? Will it not ovulate every month?

The doctor found mild endometriosis during my surgery and removed most of it. I never have any endo symptoms and my periods are normal (every 28 days and last a couple of days).

I'm really worried that because the doctor found some mild endometriosis and I only have 1 ovary, that this might affect my chances?

My age also concerns me, I've just turned 30. I thought this wasn't a problem, but others keep telling me I've left it too late and I'm getting too old sad

I have spoken to my doctor but obviously they cannot say 'yes' or 'no' you wont get pregnant.

Any help, advice much appreciated !!!!

Lottie

Oysterbabe Mon 23-Oct-17 13:46:05

Don't worry your remaining ovary will produce an egg every month. My mum lost an ovary and went on to conceive 4 children with no problem at all. I'm sure you'll be fine flowers

Polly99 Mon 23-Oct-17 13:51:01

This is so individual. You’ll find some women with 1 ovary and endo who were fine and others for whom ttc was a battle. You have emphatically not left it too late, but you may face some challenges or find it takes a bit longer, so can you crack on now and see what happens? Lots of luck.

ArtemisBean Mon 23-Oct-17 17:00:37

You are absolutely not too old!! What a shocking thing for people to say to you at only 30! You have years before you come into the stage when things can get trickier... My mum was 42 when I was born so that just goes to show that stats aren't everything anyway. Don't listen to the naysayers. X

Hopefuleverthingcrossed Mon 23-Oct-17 19:52:29

Also 30 and ttc. Currenty cycle 7 with likely endo. Having met with a consultant gynecologist due to endo pain I was advised that where it is normal to take up to a year for a healthy couple to conceive, endo makes it 'normal' to take up to two years! Keeping everything crossed for us both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now