Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Have you ever had multiple high fertility results but no peak?

(18 Posts)
onefortheroadplease Mon 23-Oct-17 07:26:20

I have had 5 days now of high fertility on my clear blue opk sticks, but no peak reading.

Does this mean I’m not ovulating, or that I, going to ovulate late?

I had a laparoscopy last month, but don’t think that would impact upon ovulation as have had a period since then

MouseLove Mon 23-Oct-17 08:21:29

9 days the first month using them. Then 4 days the next before I got my peak. Stick with them. You probably don’t ovulate when you think. Anymore than 10 and you probably won’t get a peak. So be patient. 😊

onefortheroadplease Mon 23-Oct-17 09:30:54

But if I'm still getting highs for so many days, does that mean that I'm still in a fertile phase and in with a chance?

DaenerysismyQueen Mon 23-Oct-17 09:47:23

I'm on day four now! used them last time and fell pregnant straight away but I can't remember how many flashing smiley faces we had first! I think the pack says to only give up after 9.

DaenerysismyQueen Mon 23-Oct-17 09:47:59

Are you DTD on every smiley day?

MouseLove Mon 23-Oct-17 11:15:50

Possibly. But there’s no real way of saying as technically you’re only really within a chance a few days before you ovulate. I wore myself out the first cycle using them as we had sex 8 days in a row. Then literally couldn’t face sex when I did get the static. As long as you’re being active you’re in with a chance.

onefortheroadplease Mon 23-Oct-17 12:48:31

We have only managed every other, and as he’s working late this week it’s unlikelhy to happen again this weeksad

StepAwayFromGoogle Mon 23-Oct-17 13:46:36

OP, I had 12 days of flashing smileys - no static. Gave up with OPKs the following month and am now 12 weeks pregnant. Apparently in some women the LH surge is only a couple of hours long so OPKs can miss it. Just dtd every other day in fertile week and you'll be covered x

DaenerysismyQueen Tue 24-Oct-17 13:12:17

Finally got a static smiley face! Fingers crossed! thlsmile

onefortheroadplease Tue 24-Oct-17 13:30:38

That’s fab @DaenerysismyQueen !

My 7th day of flashing today! Not quite sure what’s going on with my cycle!

McTufty Tue 24-Oct-17 13:35:35

I got 9 flashing smileys the cycle I conceived. It’s irritating but not unusual or anything to worry about!

DaenerysismyQueen Tue 24-Oct-17 19:19:09

The more I think about the more I think we had quite a few flashy smiley days before our static last time so I'm sure it'll be fine! Sending you smile vibes!

onefortheroadplease Wed 25-Oct-17 13:10:20

I got another flashing today angry. That's 8 days!!! Surely I'm not still due to ovulate?! According to Ovia I have passed my fertile period now!

MouseLove Wed 25-Oct-17 13:30:40

What CD is today? I realised I ovulate much later in my cycle. You may possibly still ovulate. I had 9 days. Some ladies had more.

onefortheroadplease Wed 25-Oct-17 14:55:44

CD 16. Is that really late? I'm a bit clueless with this grin

MouseLove Wed 25-Oct-17 15:28:53

Erm NOPE. normal ovulation day is 14. However I can ovulate anywhere between 15-21 and then go on to have a 9 day luteal phase and a 25 day cycle. Please don’t give up just yet. You are in the normal phase for ovulation. In fact. Get BD’ing!!! Ignore apps, they don’t know your body.

onefortheroadplease Wed 25-Oct-17 17:26:38

Oh right thank you! You would think after 3 children I would understand this and be a bit more clued up 😂

onefortheroadplease Thu 26-Oct-17 08:54:32

Another flashing smile!! 9 days now, run out of sticks!

I think I may just give up with OPK's for the time being!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: