Talk

Advanced search

Could I be??

(36 Posts)
Franyjayne Sat 21-Oct-17 11:45:53

Hi there! I’m having symptoms of early pregnancy - ridiculously early. Nausea, headaches, dizziness, cramps and painful nipples like bullets! Just taken a test 5 days before period is due and got a negative. Have you heard of ladies getting fake symptoms?

physicskate Sat 21-Oct-17 12:52:18

Yes. Because early pregnancy symptoms are caused by progesterone, which is present regardless of pregnancy at towards the end of the cycle. PMS symptoms are identical to pregnancy symptoms in the early stages. PMS symptoms can vary from cycle to cycle.

Franyjayne Sat 21-Oct-17 13:42:10

Thank you Kate. I’m one of those annoying people with no patience so driving myself nuts. Just want to know either way!

Rarely get PMS symptoms so this is all very out of the ordinary for me!!

Bubblegum89 Sat 21-Oct-17 14:25:36

Sadly, PMS is a bitch and mimics pregnancy symptoms. Even if you were pregnant, you wouldn’t be feeling true pregnancy symptoms at such an early stage anyway. What you’re feeling is progesterone levels kicking your ass and even more annoyingly, some months it won’t therefore when you DO get symptoms, it makes you think you might be pregnant because you haven’t had them before

coastalchick Sat 21-Oct-17 15:45:52

I had really tingly nipples before my BFP last time. Sadly ended in MMC at 10 weeks but you can def get symptoms early. That and being really exhausted.

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 15:51:21

If you want yo he pregnant you'll notice all sorts of "symptoms" that are totally normal and not indicative of anything other than being hyper vigilant about your body.

Wait until your period is late and take a test. Good luck. smile

Franyjayne Sat 21-Oct-17 17:24:24

I thought I might be imagining then but I’ve been sick countless times so that’s what’s swaying me to think it’s not in my head!

Rachie1986 Sat 21-Oct-17 17:29:04

Could it be a bug?

Franyjayne Sat 21-Oct-17 18:01:03

Doctor says no and it doesn’t feel like one.

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 18:03:28

If your period isn't due for five days, it isn't morning sickness. confused

What did your doctor think it was if it wasn't a bug?

Franyjayne Sat 21-Oct-17 18:05:00

So sorry to hear that Chick x

Franyjayne Sat 21-Oct-17 18:27:53

She just told me to do a test. They don’t test at my surgery anymore for some reason 🙃

TheVanguardSix Sat 21-Oct-17 18:31:04

It's too early to feel sick and there IS a bug going at the moment. Surgeries don't test. They will on occasion but you're really expected to buy one. Get a First Response pink dye and test on the day you're due. Good luck!

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 18:36:12

I'm just quite surprised she would say it didn't sound like a bug because there is a sickness bug doing the rounds and being sick really commonly due to a bug. Usually when doctors say they don't think it is a bug, they'll tell you what else they think it is.

Franyjayne Sat 21-Oct-17 18:54:42

It’s straight up after eating or drinking something, not from the stomach. No one else I know has a bug - I’ve checked. My boyfriend and son are totally fine. I was pushing her to tell me what it could be if not a bug and all she said was take a test. Got one of those first response now. Will take it tomorrow. I know it sounds like I’m talking myself into feeling symptoms but I’m really not!!!

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 19:14:26

What do you mean "not from the stomach"? Where did she/you think it is from? confused

Vomiting soon after eating is sometimes due to an ulcer. It can also be caused by anything that inflames your stomach (such as a bug) plus other things too. Just because no one else has it doesn't mean it isn't a bug. Your gp sounds like they need to go back to medical school.

If you don't start feeling better soon, go back and see someone else. Get well soon, vomiting is miserable. flowers

Franyjayne Sat 21-Oct-17 19:29:22

I mean it’s not got to my stomach. Literally 5 seconds after drinking something it comes back up. Wouldn’t call it vomiting more wretching with consequences!!!!!

TerrifyingFeistyCupcake Sat 21-Oct-17 19:46:06

If you are pregnant enough to be vomiting everything - and most people aren't at 4 weeks - I think you would be getting positive tests, because quite a high HCG level is required for that degree of sickness.

I think you've either got a virus or eaten something that disagreed with you.

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 20:02:29

I mean it’s not got to my stomach. Literally 5 seconds after drinking something it comes back up

It only takes a few seconds for food to reach your stomach. If you've drunk something and it's come back up five seconds later, it was in your stomach first.

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 20:04:10

Sorry if it feels like I'm disagreeing with everything you've said. I'm medically qualified and a bit concerned you've got a bad gp or totally misunderstood what they've said to you.

MouseLove Sat 21-Oct-17 21:42:08

If you’re having symptoms you’ll have enough hormone to show on a test. Honestly it sounds like you have a bug.

Symptoms only start at week 5 when the sac forms. It’s very unlikely or rare before then. And certainly not that violently that you can’t eat or drink.

Please don’t test again until you’ve missed your period. It won’t help either way. Xxx

Franyjayne Sat 21-Oct-17 22:03:36

Not seen her before as she’s new. Surgery is great. Honestly don’t think it’s a bug as I’ve had them so many times before and it’s not every time I eat that I’m sick. Also it’s just a tiny bit not everything I’ve eaten. It’s been over a week now. I absolutely understood what she’s said to me - get a test.
Not saying I am pregnant, just wanted to understand all the things I’m feeling.

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 22:23:09

If it's been going on for over a week, the timings make even less sense for it to be pregnancy related. It would have (assuming a standard cycle) just after you ovulated. I can't understand why any gp would let a person think the most likely cause is pregnancy in the circumstances you've described.

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 22:24:55

Just noticed missed the word "started" in my post. The vomiting would have started just after you ovulated.

BandhaAid Sun 22-Oct-17 08:52:25

Implantation doesn't happen until at least 5 days, and normally closer to 7 days, so you wouldn't have such strong symptoms yet. I had all those symptoms last month and it was just PMT unfortunately, despite the fact that I never usually have those symptoms. There is a progesterone rise after ovulation, which means the signs of PMT and the signs of AF are very similar. If wait until much closer to your AF due date and then test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now