Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Period due, BFN!

(6 Posts)
Alicemay2018 Fri 20-Oct-17 12:18:50

Hi everyone smile
So last month my partner was working away and we only managed to have sex on 1 day whilst I was fertile. We had sex around 4am, 10am then I started getting my usual ovulation pains around 12.30. I ovulated 1 day later then usual. I'm now 13dpo, having some mild symptoms (back ache, mild stomach cramps, extremely tired) but all of which can be symptoms of AF. As I ovulated 1 day late, I assumed my AF would be 1 day late (so would come yesterday). No sign of AF yet, cervix is high, not soft but it's not hard either, feels closed although I can't be sure as mine is never fully closed due to having kids, cervix is also wet. I have taken tests and it's BFN. Anyone else been through anything similar and got a BFP or would a test usually show by now?

SoozC Fri 20-Oct-17 14:54:25

No guarantee a test will show a bfp the day after af due; some women wait weeks to get one! I would wait another couple of days and if af doesn't arrive then re-test.

Mandala23 Sun 22-Oct-17 19:55:57

Hey! No prior experience with this but I’m now 3 days late for af and also BFN! Had a very very faint positive Friday night but yesterday and today stark negative! But yeah as said above it takes some people longer to get a BFP if their levels are naturally quite low I think?

JoJoSM2 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:17:10

Was it fmu and a very sensitive test? Most might not show this early.

demirose87 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:23:50

If you're late it would normally show by now but test again in a few days.

Mandala23 Sun 22-Oct-17 22:36:39

@JoJoSM2 @demirose87 wasn’t FMU and was a Tesco’s own which I’ve now read all the horror stories about so I’m thinking the positive was not a positive. Still no af here though and boobs def more sore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now