Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Vaginismus and TTC

(8 Posts)
MyrtleTurtle123 Fri 20-Oct-17 10:55:02

Hello I am 27 and ttc with vaginismus, i'm almost 'healed' but dtd can still be quite painful. I'm worried about my biological clock. Anyone else having / had the same problem? Feel so lost!

juneybean Fri 20-Oct-17 11:24:29

I'm not but could home insemination help?

Wilhamenawonka Fri 20-Oct-17 12:00:57

I've sent you a pm. Have been through the same thing

MyrtleTurtle123 Fri 20-Oct-17 12:05:48

I’ve thought about home insemination but not sure which products to use.

juneybean Fri 20-Oct-17 12:07:30

I'm in a same sex relationship so that's my reason for home insem.

I use this kit:

home insemination kit

Get the bloke to do his thing in the pot and then I use conceive plus inside and then suck the little swimmers up the syringe and pop them in smile

Emelene Sun 22-Oct-17 10:22:34

Hi OP, I'm in a similar boat. We were / are hoping to start TTC next month (would work well timing wise) but I have vaginismus and it's holding us back. We are having psychosexual counselling privately which is really helping, and I'm awaiting some gynaecology investigations too. Things are getting better for us but not as quickly as I would have liked! You said you are nearly healed, that's great. What has worked for you? smile

MyrtleTurtle123 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:30:28

Hello,

Juneybean, thanks for the info on the home insemination kit, i’m going to look into this afternoon.

Emelene, it’s great that you’ve going through the psychosexual route. I am going through it still and it’s been a tough journey. I started my sessions this time last year and I couldn’t even get a cotton bud in. I’d cry in pain and agony for hours. But slowly through the therapist and using dilators things got better. I found not putting too much pressure on myself helped massively. We never got to the route of why I suffered (no history of abuse of anything), but I would also question ‘what if it hurts’ and the therapist would always say something like ‘then you can stop’ and that nothing bad would happen. It were simple things like that my brain refused to listen to before. Good luck with the treatment, you’ll definitely get there x

cannonball8726 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:33:56

Hey guys. Also have vaginismus and been seeing a really nice sexual health consultant for 9 months now. With her help, I have made a lot of progress. Like you, myrtle, this time last year I struggled with just a cotton bud. I also bought the vaginismus pack from vaginismus.com and found it useful to go through the workbook as I had some unresolved issues in my life that I have now come to terms with. I really wish I had sorted things earlier so we could have started to TTC earlier but we are where we are. I've been using home insemination which hasn't worked yet but I think that's more due to fertility issues than the method. Good luck! And you aren't alone. There are so many of us out there - it is heartening to know that as having this condition has always made me feel like I'm incomplete in some way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now