Talk

Advanced search

TTC after miscarriage at 5 weeks

(20 Posts)
Disneyrules Thu 19-Oct-17 22:09:48

Just wondering what peoples experiences are TTC after a miscarriage. It took me over a year to get pregnant the first time. Any hints and tips? positive stories would be appreciated...so hard not to think negative, feel like it's never going to happen and feel like it's starting to consume me. I have so many people around me having babies need some positivity and words of wisdom xx

rachelandthenoodle Thu 19-Oct-17 22:48:10

Hey. There’s a whole thread for those of us in this boat... ttc after miscarriage. I suggest joining that; it’s a nice crowd and you’ll definitely get a few good news stories if you follow it for a while. x

Disneyrules Thu 19-Oct-17 23:19:38

Thank you smile I'll take a look xx

emi91 Fri 20-Oct-17 13:22:12

I’m also looking for advise and positive stories to lift my hopes! I have a 4 year old already, have been TTC for 5 months, finally fell pregnant but miscarried at 6 weeks. Had my scan to confirm this 3 weeks ago. Wondering when to expect my period, or how soon I could fall pregnant? My partner and I are already TTC again, just hoping it will happen quickly xxx

squiglyline Fri 20-Oct-17 13:31:16

I miscarried 2 weeks ago at 5 nearly 6 weeks. We are ttc again now. The midwife told me that to expect my period 4-6 weeks after MC and that I could ovulate 2-4 weeks after MC. Some people do and some people don't. That was also my first pregnancy after a year of trying. X

Disneyrules Sun 22-Oct-17 20:51:49

Sorry for your loss ladies. Sending you hugs. It took me about 6 weeks for my periods to get back to normal. Not that mine are normal anyway as they are fairly irregular. I should be due in a couple of days maybe Wednesday or Thursday? I have noticed im having to pee more frequently and my boobs are sore (tmi Sorry). I don't want to get my hopes up too much as I've don't it before and just been disappointed. So hard to not do a test. Think I'm going to leave it as long as I can!? Feel free to inbox me if you need to talk xxx

squiglyline Sun 22-Oct-17 21:12:19

@Disneyrules baby dust is being sent your way! Also love your name!!! Disney does rule!!!
Keep us updated. I'm potentially ovulating this week so hoping We both have happy news soon!

Disneyrules Sun 22-Oct-17 21:44:44

Thank you @squiglyline keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you flowers I'll keep you updated xxx

18mnthsandcounting Sun 22-Oct-17 21:50:10

Hi I miscarried in June at 9 weeks didn’t get my first period till 27th September so this is our first month ttc since miscarriage.. feeling positive currently in my 2ww. Been trying to conceive first baby for 2 1/2 years I also have pcos x

Disneyrules Sun 22-Oct-17 22:01:47

@18mnthsandcounting sorry for your loss flowers keeping everything crossed for you. Try staying positive and keep us updated xxx

18mnthsandcounting Sun 22-Oct-17 22:19:02

Thank you ❤️ When are you thinking about taking a test? X

Disneyrules Sun 22-Oct-17 22:44:22

I'm so impatient and currently debating on whether to do one now haha. I know I should wait really x

18mnthsandcounting Mon 23-Oct-17 08:39:49

I’m 10 dpo took one this morning what do you think? Could be evap?

Disneyrules Mon 23-Oct-17 10:20:41

@18mnthsandcounting it looks like a positive to me? grin have you got a digital one that you could do to be 100% sure xxx

18mnthsandcounting Mon 23-Oct-17 10:34:03

I’m going to try the digital tomorrow I think 🤞🏼 This one has got darker though

Disneyrules Mon 23-Oct-17 10:38:46

I would say this is without a doubt a positive smile so happy for you if it is!!! Xxx

18mnthsandcounting Mon 23-Oct-17 10:40:21

Thank you sending baby dust to you! Hard to be happy when you have miscarried previously though 👎🏼 Just hoping this is our rainbow baby 🌈

TheVanguardSix Mon 23-Oct-17 10:46:40

We're at our most fertile following a MC.
I think, 18months, your positive test result is wonderful and congratulations. BUT, pardon a word of unasked for advice, I'd be a bit more sensitive, especially posting on a thread like this. This is probably not the place to post your positive result. Disneyrules, I wish you all the best. I found Clear Blue digital ovulation kit really useful to help me track after a MC. Pink dye First Response pregnancy test is gold standard. Better than digital, so 18months, I'd take that result for what it is! flowers

mummykezza Mon 23-Oct-17 10:50:24

Looks positive to me!! I really hope for you that it is.

I had a miscarriage at 5, nearly 6 weeks and didn't wait to start ttc. I got my positive opk last weekend on Saturday but didn't get to dtd until Sunday evening so I fear I missed the chance sad

Will test when I'm 10 dpo as well which is this Thursday.

Fingers crossed for you but looks positive to me. My evap line was grey, yours is pink!! xx

18mnthsandcounting Mon 23-Oct-17 14:12:01

The ladies had asked me to keep them updated sorry if it offended you @thevanguardsix

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now