Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed ttc after termination due to baby having anencephaly!

(4 Posts)
xjasminex Thu 19-Oct-17 19:33:12

It's been just over 3 weeks since I had a termination for a much wanted pregnancy.

My bleeding stopped over a week ago.

Before I start trying again I need a prescription for 5mg folic acid. I'm wondering if I get them next week is it to soon for my body to start trying for another baby?

I feel emotionally ready, but I don't want to risk a new pregnancy by trying to soon!
Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you x

NikkiNoodle91 Thu 19-Oct-17 19:44:50

Hi, I’m so sorry to hear you had to go through that. I gave birth to a little girl in April at 21 weeks. We had to end that pregnancy as she had the lethal form of dwarfism. We were told we could start trying again straight away. It seems to be taking a bit longer this time round though as I fell pregnant within 3 month with both of my last pregnancies. Maybe your doctor could reassure you if you are worried xx

WelshMammy123 Thu 19-Oct-17 20:06:24

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's heartbreaking isn't it? I had a tfmr in October last year - in fact this Saturday is the anniversary of our dd's birth. She was diagnosed with lethal skeletal dysplasia .

We were also told we could try straight away. I'm petrified about it happening again though which I'm hoping is unlikely.

So in answer to your question I think provided you're ok with trying again then there's no reason why you shouldn't. Good luck x

ASAS Thu 19-Oct-17 20:10:11

I'm sorry you've had to go through this, all of you.

OP you might need to have been on the higher dose of folic acid for a cycle of you're at risk if having another baby with anacephaly, maybe there's a consultant you could check with.

Take care all, why are things so crap at times?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now