Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Missed ovulation but still period symptoms?? HELP!

(3 Posts)
Makmum33 Thu 19-Oct-17 11:16:58

Hi folks.
I’m hoping to get some words of wisdom from some other ladies in the same boat or who can share their experience. I’m at a total loss!!

Me and the other half have been tying to conceive for 2 years. We both a child each from previous marriages and all tests at GP for fertility seem ok so far ( I do have Endometriosis though)
This month at around the time of ovulation I had a bleed for the first time . My googling and stalking of forums like this lead me to think I had an ovulation bleed. It was light and only lasted a day or 2 and was barely there pink colour. ( sorry for too much info! ) I knew we had our timings spot on this month and kept my fingers well crossed.
I had intense one sided pain 2 weeks later, like period cramp but went away a few hours later. I thought possible delayed implantation? No bleed this time.
So fast forward another week.... my period is always irregular on a 26-29 day cycle ( with 2 exceptions of a 33 day cycle in the last 2 years) and still no AF. I Tested with a First response -and negative. By now I’ve got cramps and typical PMS irritability. I also had a metal taste in mouth, but that’s went away now.
I’m now on day 37 and still no period. I have still had on and off cramps and so emotional and irritable it unbelievable! I’m off work on leave for a fortnight so know period is not delayed due to stress. A further 2 tests on cheapie tests shows BFN.
More googling shows my ovulation bleed might have been missed ovulation bleed due to progesterone drop.
So my question is if I did not ovulate and the bleed was due to missed ovulation, would I still be having PMS symptoms like cramp and mood swings? I’ve got the doctor next week but I feel like I’m going mad and hoping someone who knows more than I do can help.

If I’m aprox 8 days after missed period surely if I was pregnant I would have a BFP by now??

Thanks in advance ladies.

MouseLove Thu 19-Oct-17 12:11:39

Yes it sadly could be a sign of pms. The same symptoms also sit in early pregnancy. However since you are now late I would wait a week and if still no period take another test. You will defo have an answer then. Sadly you may also be having a cycle where you don’t ovulate and simply move onto your next cycle without a period. Try to keep testing to an absolute minimum to avoid stress. Good luck. X

Makmum33 Thu 19-Oct-17 12:20:38

Thanks Mouselove.
Either way it seems odd, if the bleed was an ovulation bleed AF Should be here by now. If it was a missed ovulation bleed why am I going through a week of PMS symptoms for a period that’s not coming!

Thanks for the advice smile. Will sit on my hands for the next week and keep my toes crossed! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: