Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Poor sperm quality and pelvic adhesions

(6 Posts)
cannonball8726 Wed 18-Oct-17 23:17:39

We have been TTC since March this year - my cycles are usually 25-28 days so it's been 8 cycles now and no success. Went for private fertility MOT today. Unfortunately husband's sperm quality is not great (poor motility, concentration and morphology) sad husband is overweight (BMI 27) so I don't know how much that has to do with it. He has a pretty stressful job and works long hours. Drinks alcohol occasionally but not in excess. Non- smoker.

My transvaginal scan showed probable pelvic adhesions. I've had previous appendicitis (perforated) and was quite unwell at the time - consultant thought this was likely cause of adhesions. No evidence of endometriosis on the scan.

We are feeling pretty gutted although consultant has said that we should keep trying naturally as it hasn't been a year yet. He has advised hubby on taking vitamins over next few months. He has said if we aren't successful in the next three months, he would advise repeat semen analysis and HyCoSy. We are going to make more of an effort to eat well and husband is very determined to lose weight, cut down alcohol and caffeine.

I wondered if anyone else has had any similar experiences. Feeling pretty disappointed...

cannonball8726 Wed 18-Oct-17 23:24:24

Sorry, forgot our ages. I'm 32, husband is 36.

crazyontheweekend Thu 19-Oct-17 10:20:10

Aw sorry op. You sound upset. The good news is tho your hubby can do loads to improve his sperm. Just look around online and you'll find loads of advice e.g. Diet tips, drinking more water, keeping his boys cool, cutting back on the booze etc. For adhesions, have a look at fertility abdominal massage. There are claims that it can loosen them. Oh and look into castor oil packs too. I do them for my ovarian cysts. They break down 'unwanted ' tissue and are just really great for fertility in general. Good luck Hun, you'll get there.

JoJoSM2 Thu 19-Oct-17 11:24:12

Well, it's great that you've done the MOT so at least you know there are issues. It will save you naively trying for another year or longer. It will also be good for your OH to take supplements and stay healthy as that can make quite a difference to semen parameters.

I know it sucks to get bad news and I had a cry when we got ours. However, at least it meant that we could crack on with IVF thereby re-gaining some control over this madness.

cannonball8726 Thu 19-Oct-17 17:40:15

Thank you to to both of you. It means a lot. We will try to remain positive and proactive. Thanks so much.

Bubblegum89 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:26:09

Sorry you’re feeling a bit deflated sad there’s a lot your OH can do to improve sperm mobility. In terms of adhesions, I have suspected uterine adhesions and having researched it, the only real treatment is a hysteroscopy (removal of adhesions using micro scissors) and then going into hormones to improve lining quality. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now