Talk

Advanced search

Late Period -BFN - Early Signs?

(19 Posts)
TTC0290 Wed 18-Oct-17 17:41:42

I am currently CD32. My average cycle is 28 days. I tested today and got a BFN. I have had heartburn the last week, cramps as if my period was coming and more discharge than usual. I don't temp so I can't tell that way. I wondered why you ladies thoughts were? Is it possible I'm pregnant and the test isn't picking it up yet or more likely a late period?
Cramping is normal for me but i haven't suffered heartburn since pregnant with my son who is now almost 5. I had an ectopic pregnancy after my son and had a tube removed so I have been trying to conceive for what feels like forever. Also had diarrhoea last few days.

Mrstobe90 Wed 18-Oct-17 23:52:25

Some people naturally take longer to produce hormones to the level that a test can pick up. I’d say wait another week and if AF still hasn’t arrived, see your gp. Hope you get the results you want smile xx

physicskate Thu 19-Oct-17 06:53:33

Or you simply ovulated late and af is taking her sweet time. Symptoms don’t mean much at this early stage as they could be indicative of either result...

Time will tell, I’m afraid.

If you have not been tracking ov, there’s no way to tell when af is due because it’s generally the time between ov and the start of af that’s the same, but ov can happen earlier or later in your cycle.

Hulaballoo Thu 19-Oct-17 07:25:20

I'm afraid really and see... Personally never had heartburn that early in pregnancy only much later on. My cycles have gone up and down since ttc... I'm wondering if it's stress. I was normally 27 day cycle but they've gone from 27 to 29 then 31 then 34... Hoping it's a bfp but it could be a late period. X

TTC0290 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:51:30

Thank you ladies. I didn't test ovulation this month as I was trying to not be so crazy about it all as I was getting so down each month AF came. I did keep an eye on my usual CM though so I'm pretty sure ovulation was around 1st October which my fracker also had me ovulating around then. Fingers crossed ..I'm about to get up and test now ...

Hulaballoo Thu 19-Oct-17 13:22:59

How did it go? X

TTC0290 Thu 19-Oct-17 14:20:30

Negative sad x

Mandala23 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:02:30

@TTC0290 any update on BFP/AF? X

TTC0290 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:35:16

AF came today sad Just over a week late, has never been so late before. X

Jade123f Sun 22-Oct-17 21:15:28

Can I join?! I'm 2 days late and had bfn this morning! I feel like I've had symptoms and I'm sure they weren't in my head! Really hope we all get our bfp's!!! Xx

Jade123f Sun 22-Oct-17 21:16:12

Aw sorry to hear that @TTC0290 xx

Mandala23 Mon 23-Oct-17 08:52:33

Sorry to hear that @TTC0290 sad

Upsydasiy Mon 23-Oct-17 10:24:35

I’m currently 16 days late 😔
No idea what’s going on.

TTC0290 Mon 23-Oct-17 10:28:30

Fingers crossed for you both! My period is always within a day of the estimate on app so no idea why it was so late. Shouldfinish today so back on the baby making after that, wish me luck for next month. It took a year to get pregnant with my first, then I had an ectopic months later and had my tube removed so everyone tells me to expect it to take twice as long with only one but that can't be true for everyone. We've been trying for about 9 months now properly, as in tracking etc. Not being too obsessed about dates etc though as I know the pressure doesn't help so I'm not quite at the crazy stage! smile x

Mandala23 Mon 23-Oct-17 19:03:49

@TTC0290 fingers crossed for you!! BFP as an early Christmas present sounds like a good idea to me 😃

Mandala23 Mon 23-Oct-17 19:04:36

Still nothing on my end. Today I’ve had some cramping so keep dashing to the toilet but nothing. Boobs are noticeably more sore today as well. Gonna test again tomorrow!

TTC0290 Tue 24-Oct-17 21:04:59

How did your testing go ladies??

I have a question ... do any of you track with an app? I've had my period for the last five days. Today I wore a panty liner but there was nothing on it at all but if I wiped here was brownish discharge. Do I count that as a 6th day on the app?

Mandala23 Wed 25-Oct-17 01:47:30

@TTC0290 test this morning with FMU was a stark negative. Not sure where I am in my cycle anymore! I use Ovia to track my cycle (although not really in a cycle at the moment it feels like lol) and in that you can add a period or spotting, so I guess I would count what you describe as a spotting day? But then if your app is just period or no period I’d go for period.

Mandala23 Wed 25-Oct-17 14:36:19

Well af has arrived today but I’m quite thankful as at least now I know where I am in my cycle smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now