Talk

Advanced search

Feel like i'm getting nowhere

(3 Posts)
lunabear1 Wed 18-Oct-17 01:25:11

Hi all

This is my first time posting so I apologies if this is a bit all over the place.

I got married last year and stopped taking my pill in October - we were not actively TTC but said we would just let it happen naturally.

About 6 months ago we decided to actively start TTC and I bought lots of ovulation kits etc as you do but we're now a further 6 months later and nothing has happened.

I have a lot of problems with my TOTM and bleed for weeks at a time and have a few days off in between. On the few occasions where my bleeding has been 'normal' it always starts again before I get the little smiley face on the ovulation kit i'm so desperate to see.

Im really starting to feel down about it all as i dont even feel like i'm getting a fair shot at trying because of my MC.

I have gone to my doctors but as my MC has always been crazy when I haven't been on the pill (due to changing type and during my teenage years) but they've never been able to find anything 'wrong' with me.

What I really want to know has anyone else had a similar situation? and how have you got through it? I feel like I'm never going to be a mum.

I have an appointment at the doctors in November to discuss this further but I haven't got anywhere with it in the last 10 years so I dont feel like I will now.

Thanks for reading if you've made it this far xx

Mrstobe90 Wed 18-Oct-17 08:22:40

Maybe ask your GP if you can be referred to a gynaecologist? They’ll be more informed and may be able to do more thorough examinations.

I was suffering with pain for 5-6 years and the doctors could never figure it out and scans never showed anything up and it wasn’t until I saw a gynae surgeon that things got fixed. He did investigative surgery and found that i had an adhesion.

Sorry I can’t offer more advice but I hope it gets sorted and you get your bfp! Xx

Polly99 Wed 18-Oct-17 08:24:26

That kind of bleeding is not normal and you need to be referred to a gynaecologist. Just go to the GP and ask to be referred.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now