Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding on day 16 of cycle - advice please?

(7 Posts)
hurrythefuckupgeorge Tue 17-Oct-17 21:45:46

Hi

I am new to this board to please forgive me if I mess up the terminology.

I am on day 16 of usually regular 29 day cycle. Using clear blue digital ovulation tests and have had a high reading for the last 5 days but not yet had a peak reading, I have just been to the bathroom and have some bleeding so am really confused and concerned. This is very usual for me and I am panicking.

Any help and advice gratefully received. Thanks

PrincessPunzie Tue 17-Oct-17 21:58:19

Don't panic!! I'm not terribly regular (25-30 days since having my son 16 months ago) but I had AF show up on CD 18 a few months ago. I asked the ladies on my mums' group about it, and it seemed a fairly common "freak" occurance among the ladies who replied. I was very stressed that month, which I assume contributed to it. I actually asked the doctor about it recently when seeing her about something else, and she didn't seem concerned as it was a one-off.

hurrythefuckupgeorge Tue 17-Oct-17 22:01:00

Thanks Princess, in such a state my post is full of typos.

I guess I had hoped this would be our lucky month but it won't be if af has shown uo early.

PrincessPunzie Tue 17-Oct-17 22:05:50

No worries. It could be an ovulation bleed, but if you've never had one before it seems unlikely. Probably too early for implantation. Mine lasted five days which made it entirely consistent with AF. I know it's gutting - but I'm on cycle 9 of TTC#2 now, and I can honestly that ended up being one of the better months, because at least I didn't have any time to symptom-spot or convince myself I was upduffed when I wasn't...

hurrythefuckupgeorge Tue 17-Oct-17 22:11:11

I read about ovulation bleeds but I don't think it is that. As you said I haven't had one before.

I am on cycle 7 and due a blood test on Thurs to check I am ovulating. Typical that it is this month my body decides to mess about!

PrincessPunzie Tue 17-Oct-17 22:30:24

Oh no! Although...if you're showing up as not ovulating (a 16 day cycle would certainly be anovulatory) perhaps you'll get a referral quicker.

hurrythefuckupgeorge Tue 17-Oct-17 22:48:32

Yeah that is true, a quick referral would at least be a positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now